What do you suggest?

webmasterbeta

If you were to buy a budget server today with a company that has their own datacenter and a company that provides a complete managed web hosting solution, who would you suggest today?

Here are the specs:

Memory: 1 GB +
HD: 80 GB +
Bandwidth: 1000 GB + or Unmetered

I need a fully managed budget server for tryout. A company that offers 100% network uptime and quality managed service at an affordable price range.

Just to let you know that I do not have a budget for this kind of a server at the moment. I would like to know who offers the best service for this kind of specs at the best reasonable price range. That's all folks!

I look forward to your replies and list of companies that you might suggest.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
HostsWebs!100% uptime, you'll struggle to find that :) Good Luck!LiamDo you mind which country it's in?Is it really hard to find a 100% network uptime? I do not mean server uptime.Do you mind which country it's in?

Well depends! It all depends on what kind of package I get and what kind of ping response I get and a couple of other small issues.

Please let me know what you have in mind. Thanks! :)100% network uptime is pretty hard to guarantee. the closest you will get is probably 99.9%Lets say we do get 99.9%. Would you folks list some companies that you recommend ?I would recommend Heart Internet. They guarantee 100% uptime and offer some of the best UK prices for Dedicated and Shared Web Hosting. The minimum server spec (I think) is: DELL ServerDual Xeon ProcessorsGigabit Network1GB RAM I'm not sure if I am allowed to list a link to their website so just "Google Heart Internet and check them out.Well it depends on what would be the purpose of such dedicated server ? 1. For Game servers2.Web Hosting3.Providing offsite backup solutions.4. Location would help too to narrow down the results and will help us to find you what you need.First of all, if I were to choose a budget server, I would start to think about a decent VPS from a reliable provider or I might choose a low-end celeron. And again, there has to be a pricing range. You haven't mentioned any pricing range which you mean by just budget.

I would strongly recommend RackForce.com even though their primary focus is on VPS. I have been using them for quite a long time and never experience a network downtime or perhaps it was even un-noticeable. I can say their network uptime is 99.9999%. As you have stated "unmetered" in your post, RackForce offers 1.5mpbs, 3mbps, 5mbps, and 10mbps unmetered bandwidth on their VPS and dedicated servers. I am currently not aware of they provide fully manage service or not. They offer premium support if you want to subscribe but it is not a fully managed and you still have to do your own sysadmin task. But I can say that their support is top-notch and I am two thumbs up for them. Do not get fooled by others saying about they just offer 1.5mbps capped bandwidth. RackForce does offer 1.5mbps, 3mbps, 5mbps, 10mbps unmetered plans which you can upgrade at anytime. With just a slightly higher cost than any other VPS providers, you can expect reliable network uptime, professional customer service, and faster support response with them.If you were to buy a budget server today with a company that has their own datacenter and a company that provides a complete managed web hosting solution, who would you suggest today?

Here are the specs:

Memory: 1 GB +
HD: 80 GB +
Bandwidth: 1000 GB + or Unmetered

I need a fully managed budget server for tryout. A company that offers 100% network uptime and quality managed service at an affordable price range.

Just to let you know that I do not have a budget for this kind of a server at the moment. I would like to know who offers the best service for this kind of specs at the best reasonable price range. That's all folks!

I look forward to your replies and list of companies that you might suggest.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
HostsWebs!

I would recommend Rackspace, if you are looking for a company that offers 100% network uptime, ofcourse they will go by SLA, but still, give them a try. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rackspace.comI">www.rackspace.comI</a><!-- w --> would recommend Rackspace, if you are looking for a company that offers 100% network uptime, ofcourse they will go by SLA, but still, give them a try. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rackspace.com">www.rackspace.com</a><!-- w -->

HostFrog,

The guy is asking for a affordable solution, not such company as Rackspace who'll charge a rather huge amount.

I need a fully managed budget server for tryout. A company that offers 100% network uptime and quality managed service at an affordable price range.What I would suggest is that you do a search in the Google or in the WHT to get to know about the Hosting companies and try to find one that suits your needs and your budget...

Its pretty hard for others to suggest as different people will be having different opinions...HostFrog,The guy is asking for a affordable solution, not such company as Rackspace who'll charge a rather huge amount.Well it was just a suggestion Mr JL, considering he wants a host that will guarantee 100% network uptime. Service like that is not cheap.And it's my opinion that a 100% network (or server) guarantee is a farce. Without replication across the globe there's no way to ensure that network downtime is going to happen to the multiple providers (not to mention fail-over time however minuscule) as there are still acts of God or war for examples.

Don't look for a guarantee. Look for a SLA which states a policy that is in effect (and clearly defined) for such times when network connectivity is no longer assured.

No, I don't have a company I'd recommend. I didn't go that route but I did look to a Co-Lo and at a newer Sun Fire T1000 (very inexpensive really) with RH, WHM, cPanel, and managed... The server was 7.5k USD and when I called to place it the prices made sense if I was willing to risk that much. They, TTSG - I think that's who I called but this was months ago, were going to plug it in and manage it for something silly less than 500 bucks and enough bandwidth to choke a horse.

Hmm... That doesn't answer your question though.

KGIIIAnd it's my opinion that a 100% network (or server) guarantee is a farce. Without replication across the globe there's no way to ensure that network downtime is going to happen to the multiple providers (not to mention fail-over time however minuscule) as there are still acts of God or war for examples.

Don't look for a guarantee. Look for a SLA which states a policy that is in effect (and clearly defined) for such times when network connectivity is no longer assured.

No, I don't have a company I'd recommend. I didn't go that route but I did look to a Co-Lo and at a newer Sun Fire T1000 (very inexpensive really) with RH, WHM, cPanel, and managed... The server was 7.5k USD and when I called to place it the prices made sense if I was willing to risk that much. They, TTSG - I think that's who I called but this was months ago, were going to plug it in and manage it for something silly less than 500 bucks and enough bandwidth to choke a horse.

Hmm... That doesn't answer your question though.

KGIII

-Interesting! :crap:Thank you to everyone who posted. The topic kind of went another way. Anyway!thank you for the tipstake a look at Acunett they have been hosting and managing my servers for over a year and I have never had a problem. They are very professional, affordable and quick to respond to my servers issues.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.acunett.com/management/">http://www.acunett.com/management/</a><!-- m -->

hope they can help you too.Is it really hard to find a 100% network uptime? I do not mean server uptime.i think it is impossible but 99% is more likelyRackspace offers a 100% uptime:Guaranteed Zero-Downtime Networkrackspace.comRackspace hasnt lost connectivity within the UK for over 4 years. Thats 100% uptime.