What are some socially/politically responsible stores in which to buy school clothes for my 11 year

WhitMcMo

My son recently told me he doesn't want to shop at Old Navy because they're "not cool" and AE/Hollister/AF because they put their brand conspicuously on every item. (I also have a HUGE problem with the AE/Hollister/AF misogynistic advertising) <br />
<br />
He's an avid surfer, but also doesn't want surf company logos all over him either. He's starting middle school in a couple weeks. Can anyone recommend a few "cool" but socially/ politically minded clothing companies for tweens? Thanks!<br />

well does he want to shop at ae and hollister? well if he does then i consider u let him because i was 11 a few months ago and at school everyone wore ae/hollister/af or at least had 1 shirt from there. if he doesnt want surf logos on his shirts then go to pacsun

nCor

It makes me really happy to see someone on here that is a conscious consumer.

I really LOVE American Apparel because they are 100% sweatshop free and are very politically involved with illegal immigration. Their things are really simple, but have become increasingly popular
http//store.americanapparel.net/men.html

I would also recommend Lucky Brand Jeans because most of their things are made in the USA. I did buy a sweater online that ended up being made in some sweatshop in China, but you could return those items to any store. I'm pretty sure their jeans and graphic tees are domestic, though. Also, LBJ is very popular now
http//www.luckybrandjeans.com/mens.aspx?l=00010000000000000000

dancinjor

what about aeropastle. ha ha there cheap pretty cool i think.
but most "cool" fashion might have that type of advertsiment to get middle to high school kids in. it's there job but there might not be many"cool " stored left so yeah

Ur_NmBr1FaN

JCPenny maybe, i dont go there, but on their commercials there were a lot of nice outfits for tweens and teens
hope I helped
D
and they also have reasonable prices

archuletaeagle

Pretty much every store has a logo that they include in their clothing, unless you opt for really cheap stores, which might not be politically responsible. Even Kohl's, which used to sell mainly generic clothing, now has logos on some of their clothing.

Try Pac Sun. They sell surf clothing, and some probably don't have really obvious logos.