Website Review?

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Humm. Well I am not trying to advertise. I run a strict forum and do not allow idiotic behavior, therefore I guess you can say my member base is selected (depending on how well informed they are). So, I really am not trying to advertise.

I got everything from VB. All the hacks and modifications. Everything done to the forum is couresty of VBteam (in no direct manner of course). Ya'll have helped me a lot. This is a new username but I have been coming here for about a year now. I really have never posted seeing as I can usually find majority of the stuff I am looking for through the search engine.

With that said I just want some personal opinions about my website.

Revelation X

Now, I know a lot of people don't like the type of topics discussed there but I'm not asking you to judge my content. I'm asking you to judge the design.

So far the only problem I currently have is lining the forums up (so all the boarders line up with each other in the catagory areas). I have used the "line forums up" add-on script but it still didn't work and my post bit template is expanded 2 much (been working on another hack) but I can fix that when I'm not dealing with other matters. Besides that everything seems to be working just fine.

Anyways, Thanks VBTeam!

blackknights

h@ck3r said:
Looks 'OK', But change that red font to another colour as it's VERY hard to read.

I tend to agree with h@ck3r on this that the text is rather hard to view and my monitor is 42 inch so that's saying a lot now as i dove deeper from the portal page i noticed that the text improved.
Secondly wondering why you chose to have a Portal page then a Cmp page then finally your forums, seems like a lot of navigation to get to your main body of content.
Other then that not bad at all, I'm older in age an I personally like some definition in design and in colors. Being color blind and surprisingly enough a large population of men are color blind, color schemes tend to blend to much and make it hard to distinguish where one area begins and ends, even the slightest change can help.
Not criticizing just offering my 2 cents

LMFAO 2 MUCH

No, thank you very much.

I did the web design before I uploaded the the cmps hack. I am getting rid of the main website and replacing it with the cmps. You were not the only one having text problems. Just doing mad modifications to it but I do understand what you are saying though. I didnt think about that and Im going to fix it now.

Thanks.

I fixed the cmps thing. I wont be doing anything else to the main page as it is going to be replaced. Thanks for the input.

dark_hunter

LMFAO 2 MUCH said:
Humm. Well I am not trying to advertise. I run a strict forum and do not allow idiotic behavior, therefore I guess you can say my member base is selected (depending on how well informed they are). So, I really am not trying to advertise.

I got everything from VB. All the hacks and modifications. Everything done to the forum is couresty of VBteam (in no direct manner of course). Ya'll have helped me a lot. This is a new username but I have been coming here for about a year now. I really have never posted seeing as I can usually find majority of the stuff I am looking for through the search engine.

With that said I just want some personal opinions about my website.

Revelation X

Now, I know a lot of people don't like the type of topics discussed there but I'm not asking you to judge my content. I'm asking you to judge the design.

So far the only problem I currently have is lining the forums up (so all the boarders line up with each other in the catagory areas). I have used the "line forums up" add-on script but it still didn't work and my post bit template is expanded 2 much (been working on another hack) but I can fix that when I'm not dealing with other matters. Besides that everything seems to be working just fine.

Anyways, Thanks VBTeam!
Looks good, don't like the red tho. Change it?

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Thank's for the 3 reviews. I fixed what ya'll suggested. I think it came out quite decent now. Font should be easier to read and it is no longer red.

I haven't updated the other pages yet so some of them will probebly have red text but thanks for the input on the webdesign.

Everything should be good.

h@ck3r

Looks a a little better, but tbh, I think I'd make the red a little brighter, and maybe change the grey font to a light grey/ silver, or possibly even white.

It would make it a lot easier on the eyes.

Also- I think you need to work on a fix for Firefox as it's not displaying correctly for some reason.

In IE:
View attachment 11264

In FF:
View attachment 11265
View attachment 11266

Sorry- it's prob not what you wanted to hear, but I'm always honest with people when they ask for feedback on a website, and I expect the same when I ask for it.

:)

blackknights

I too see the same thing as you do h@ck3r although I have the boarder outline on portal page messed up in IE 8 build 18372 and FF (MINEFIELD) v3.21apre. Also the tag line "Intelligent Infringe Discussion" Needs color change blends into back ground to the point I thought it was removed, I also concur with the text close but still not quit right.

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Humm, that is wierd. You are the first ones to report that FF wasn't showing the site properly. I'll see what I can do about that.

You shouldn't be seeing the portal as the link from on forums was changed to directly link to the forums. You might have checked it out before I changed it but it is gone.

Yeah I still got work to do on the front page it seems. Just really wierd that it would show up like that on FF. I'll see what I can do about it.

I will change the gont to a light gray (#CCCCCC) <--that should work fine.

IE 8 brings the site up perfectly for me.

mmmxiv

Interesting site you have there, I don't like the image navbar as well as the text navbar, In my opinion, you only need one. Its a nice design, though I don't like the advert placement, I would have put it underneath the Statusicon box. EDIT: I know you said about your content, but I would run some stuff through the old spell checker, as you commonly misspell words such as: "Artilce" - Article.

Just my views.

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Thanks for pointing that out. LOL I probebly never would have recognized that.

I've updated the site completely. It is completely error free (so the W3C tells me) on both the xhtml and my css. If you are still having problems with the website then I honestly have no clue on what to do in the matter.

The image nav_bar is for the main links while the text nav is for custom links. Whenever I can find a decent graphics designer that I can add to my staff, I plan on making them all image buttons, but that is what I'm going to deal with right now.

The design is extreme pixels. Had to do some editing as the images where whacked when I got the template off here.

Once I am completely finished with the code revamping (should be tomorrow or wensday) I will be touching it up.

I'm still learning xhtml and css and I seem to be catching on really fast. I still got about 20 megs of .pdf, .txt, and .doc files to add so the website won't be quite so empty in the coming months.

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the content. Surprised I haven't been hammered for it. I had some people come and talk about how "we are violent extremists and a thorn in the side of the advancement for peace". Funniest thing.

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Well, I have completely revamped the site.

Thanks to the great banners that were made for me, I decided to use one for the forums and one for the main webpage.

I also have W3C validation links on all the webpages. So far everything is error free.
There are however 3 pages that do not have this as they have more information that the other pages.

I think the forums are kickass.

Any new thoughts now?

h@ck3r

Portal looks spot on now, but if I'm totally honest- I would have kept the same them going throughout the site (Forums included).

When you go from your portal page to your forums, I get the impression I'm of to a different site.

LMFAO 2 MUCH

Yeah, seems kind of odd but that is due to a request from Paladin Press - Publishers of the Action Library as I am working a deal with them to be their official forum.

I changed the colors around and I might do the same with the front page to fit the forums but I dont know yet. Just a simple edit of the .container colors. I had an unusal turnout on responses to the design. The images on the titanium layout where all screwed up so I am actually making my first attempt at a whole completely new postbit redesign and the sorts.

I just want to know if I solved the problems with firefox that the other useers where having.