WANTED: Fats, professional server management company

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Over the past 2 years we have been with:

PSM (good response times but too restrictive in what they support)

Serverwizards (fast, and reasonably good support but not pro-active enough)

TouchSupport (reasonably quick but didn't feel like they offered a competent enough service)

Acunett (very slow and in our case not overly impressed with support)

Logicsupport (only been there a few days but so far very slow and so far hav been unable to resolve some simple issues)

None of the above companies have really met our needs... we are willing to pay 'above average' for above average support and peace of mind... we really need:

1. Competent knowledgeable support personnel.
2. Good support times - decent response within guaranteed timeframe - not just some canned response 'we will look at this shortly' is not acceptable and seems unnecessary as a first reply... I want a company to look at an issue... not say that they will shorly... just seems completely pointless to me.
3. Pro active at keeping things up to date and performing regular health/security checks.
4. Polite and coherent.
5. Decent ticket system.

I really don't feel that we are too demanding as customers... perhaps for what we have paid for support up to now we have simply been expecting too much...

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Terry
shed49 Hostingi think this post should be in the System Management Request forums... or in Managed Hosting & Services Forums..Try contacting Seeksadmin, The owner TRIS, is pro-active with his business and never lets his customers suffer.you have almost tried all top notch companybut as i see the you have been logic support also so i suggest you to be with them for some more time.we to use them they are perfect and response time is also under 10 min almost all time.try some more time , im sure you wont be regret.if you have any problem with logic support then mail to their CEO , pm me for his email.he is dam great person and above all tooo intelligent.im sure he will definitely solve your issue Hope This helpsrounakInstead of outsourcing your server administration, why not lease a managed server? -- where the management is included with your server.You'll need to make sure the management is pro-active and complete (or at least, as pro-active and complete as you'd like it to be) but it sounds to me like a completely managed server is what you are looking for... ?Just a thought. :):D BaileyHmm my experience with Acunett is the opposite. My last ticket which wan't even that important was completed less then an hour after I submitted it.From the looks of it you are in need of a dedicated admin other wise you won't be satisfied with a third party service.Rack911.com gets some good reviews here. I didn't try them myself but since you almost completed the list, you might try them too. Search before signup though.He obviously wants something more, and needs a dedicated admin to work for him. Either hire one in-house or outsource one, or even a team if you want true 24/7 level3 support.Try contacting Seeksadmin, The owner TRIS, is pro-active with his business and never lets his customers suffer.I too would recommand TRIS from SeeksAdmin... ;)I don't think you'll ever the get the same dedication from a company as you would if you just hired a guy to look after everything.And really, what does their weight matter? Have some respect, it's 2008! :pMoved > Managed Hosting and Services.Thanks for all the replies and info, despite initial teething problems it seems logic support are doing a decent job for us now, they have resolved all recent tickets in a timely manner and have been professional and knowledgeable... so we are going to give them some time to see how things go in the long term... fingers crossed... thanks again for the suggestions.ShedWhat kind of problems have you had using logicsupport?TobariaIf I were you, I'd hire someone directly who will work with you on your server. That way, you can just call the person if there is any issues.I really don't feel that we are too demanding as customers... perhaps for what we have paid for support up to now we have simply been expecting too much...This is likely the issue. How much are you paying and what is your budget? As a reference, the cost for a 9-5 server admin is 400-1200 /server/mth depending on location and configuration. With the above I would expect ticket acknowledgment within 10 minutes and a resolution, within a few hours depending on the issue of course.Kind Regards,Are you looking for hiring people? Hosting staff is hard to get. Well, not realy, But trusted people is.