vBulletin Style Skin for MediaWiki

mastram

vBulletin MediaWiki Skin

The purpose of this mod is to get your MediaWiki to look like your forums... A lot of people have been having trouble getting their Wikis to look streamlined with their forums, this is my first attempt.

Example:
Forums: 8WayRun - Soulcalibur (Soul Calibur) for the hardcore enthusiast!
MediaWiki (vBulletin): http://www.8wayrun.com/w/index.php?t...skin=vbulletin
MediaWiki (Fully Customized Skin): Algol - 8WayRun Wiki

------------
INSTALLATION
------------

1. Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to the "skins" directory of your Wiki installation...

2. Go into WIKIDIRECTORY/skins/vBulletin.php and replace all instances of <URLTOFORUMS> with the URL to your forums (ex: vBulletin Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin), make sure to leave the trailing slash off.

If you use the standard vBulletin skin, you are DONE. Your new skin can be selected or forced in your Wiki settings.

If you use a customized skin, please read the following steps...

-----------
CUSTOMIZING
-----------

3. Go into your vBulletin AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings and make sure that "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?" is set to yes and working. If it is, go into your FTP and download the CSS file from FORUMDIRECTORY/clientcript/vbulletin_css/, if you find multiple stylesheets in there, make sure to take the one with the same style sheet ID as the style you would like to enable for your Wiki. Rename this file to vbulletin.css and copy it over into the WIKIDIRECTORY/skins/vbulletin/ directory, overwriting the existing file.

4. Go into WIKIDIRECTORY/skins/vBulletin.php and find the section called <!-- HEADER -->. Make edits to this area to match the header to your skin. You can not use vB variables in this area, so make everything absolute. Be sure to remember to set the variables for the spacer_open variables towards the end.

5. Go into WIKIDIRECTORY/skins/vBulletin.php and find the section called <!-- FOOTER -->. Make edits to this area to match the footer to your skin. You can not use vB variables in this area, so make everything absolute.

6. If you know anything about skinning the Wiki, feel free to edit other areas. I have tried my best to limit the need to edit other areas.