vbSEO Help please

Cactus Jack

First Thread:

[How to] Setup Relevant Replacements with vBSEO

Introduction to vBSEO's Relevant Replacements

vBSEO's Relevant Replacements (RRs) add highly relevant text at the top of your document.

This is done to help improve search engine ranking for the terms that are included.

You get to define what is included in your relevant replacements. The RRs are added by placing special tags into your forum display and thread display page templates. You can use up to 3 different relevant replacement tags. The tags are in the format of:
VB_SEO_RR_1
VB_SEO_RR_2
vB_SEO_RR_3
When your forum display or thread page is visited by a search engine crawler or Web user, the tag will be replaced with relevant content from the page.

What exactly is displayed is set up by you within your vBSEO Control Panel (vbseocp.php).

There are a number of variables that be used to define the replacement text. And you can also add HTML and formatting code so that you can control how the text will appear on the page.

This tutorial will show you the steps needed to setup Relevant Replacements on your site, the same way there are setup as those at:

BMW FAQ Club

A Step by Step Sample Installation

Steps 1-4, Defining Your Relevant Replacements

Step 1. Login to your vBSEO Control Panel.
Step 2. Scroll to find the "Relevant Replacement" section.
Step 3. In the first text box for VB_SEO_RR_1, enter the following:
Code:
[forum_title] in [bb_title], [forum_description]

Step 4. In the second text box for VB_SEO_RR_1, enter the following:

Code:
[forum_title] Thread, [thread_title] in [parent_forum_title]; [first_post_20_words]...

Here is a screenshot of how it will appear:

3687d1198213103-how-setup-relevant-replacements-vbseo-rrs-enter-vbseo-control-panel.png

Now that the Relevant Replacements have been defined (above), we must place them into your templates.

Steps 5-9, Editing Your Forum Display and Show Thread Templates (To Add Your Relevant Replacements)

Step 5. Login to your vBulletin AdminCP.
Step 6. Select Styles & Templates -> Style Manager
Step 7. Select the style you want to edit, and select "Edit Templates"

Step 8. Now edit the forumdisplay and add the relevant replacement tag. Here is an example of where it can be placed:
Code:
</head>
<body>
$header
$navbar
<b><!--VBSEO_RR_1--></b>
<if condition="$show['forumslist']">

Step 9. Now edit the showthread and add the relevant replacement tag. Here is an example of where it can be placed:

Code:
<body onload="$onload">
$header
$navbar

<b><!--VBSEO_RR_1--></b>

$poll

After saving your templates, you can visit your forum to see how the relevant replacements work.

Here is an example of what you will see:

3686d1198213103-how-setup-relevant-replacements-vbseo-rrs-forum-display-page.png

Cactus Jack

2nd Thread:

RRs for vBSEO.com
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share the RRs we are currently using in vBSEO.com - I've changed the approach since we first implemented these. We embed now the html in the RR as the script takes care of conditioning the whole thing for forumdisplay and showthread:

Forumdisplay

Code:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=100% align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width=100%><STRONG>[forum_title] at the [bb_title]</STRONG> <SPAN class=smallfont>[forum_description]</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>

forumdisplay_rr.gif

Showthread

Code:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=100% align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width=100%><STRONG>[forum_title]</STRONG> <SPAN class=smallfont>Discuss <em>[thread_title]</em> in the [parent_forum_title] forums; [first_post_20_words]...</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>

showthread_rr.gif

I used the default vBulletin html to construct these but I plan to migrate it to CSS as the layout is quite simple.

I will share them when updated. Suggestions are very much welcome

Kang

How to use this code ?

Cactus Jack said:
2nd Thread:

RRs for vBSEO.com
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share the RRs we are currently using in vBSEO.com - I've changed the approach since we first implemented these. We embed now the html in the RR as the script takes care of conditioning the whole thing for forumdisplay and showthread:

Forumdisplay

Code:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=100% align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width=100%><STRONG>[forum_title] at the [bb_title]</STRONG> <SPAN class=smallfont>[forum_description]</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>

forumdisplay_rr.gif

Showthread

Code:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=100% align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width=100%><STRONG>[forum_title]</STRONG> <SPAN class=smallfont>Discuss <em>[thread_title]</em> in the [parent_forum_title] forums; [first_post_20_words]...</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>

showthread_rr.gif

I used the default vBulletin html to construct these but I plan to migrate it to CSS as the layout is quite simple.

I will share them when updated. Suggestions are very much welcome