vBExperience (v3.7)

Galeras

vBExperience Version: 3.7.3

vBExperience 3.7 (aka xPerience)
Created by Marius Czyz 2008.

This mod will only work with vB3.7 or higher.

Description
vBExperience is an advanced level and activity system. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. This is the first public release. I used this on my boards since vBulletin 3.5, converted it now to vB3.7 and released it to the public.

Demo:
_http://www.insidesupcom.de/forum.php&langid=1

Demo on Profile:
_http://www.insidesupcom.de/member.php?u=1&langid=1

There are mainly four things visible for the users: The users score, his level, his next level up in % and his activity in %.

Calculation of the score
Taken into calculation are these things:
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags
- Replies to own threads (popularity)
- Sticky threads
- Created posts
- Views on attachments
- Valueable posts marked with the "Post Thank You Hack" (This feature can be disabled.)
- Days since registration
- Received infractions
- Reputation (if enabled)
- Visitor messages on profiles
- Members of own social groups

The system calculates the activity by taking the postcount of the most active user and comparing it to own postcount. This can be set to count only the last X days, f.e. 21 days (controllable via AdminCP) .

Settings
You can control how many points are given to every calculation. For example you can give many points for creating new threads but only a few for views of that thread. Setting a value to 0 will disable it.
Additionally, you can set ignore users (f.e. for bot users), forums (f.e. offtopic forums) and usergroup id's

Levels
vBExperience works with defined levels and points. You can define the needed levels for your own - I've included an MS Excel Sheet with the raw data and also three XML Samples for small, average and big sites. You need to import at least one of the three level products. Just test it what fit's your board:
vbexperience_level_1_small.xml - for small boards up to 3000 users
vbexperience_level_2_average.xml - for average boards with around 3000-6000 Members
vbexperience_level_3_big.xml - for boards which have more than 7000 members
vbexperience_level_4_big.xml - if "big" is not big enough for you

You have also the possibility to decrease given points for e.g. posts and threads, just do some experiments with the XLS sheet.
The XML files are generated via vBExperience_Level.xls, copied to a text editor, removed tabs and copied to XML. Using it that way you can define your own levels and also promotions. Currently only levels from 0 to 100 are supported.

It would be great to see more XML files - feel free to share them, I'll include them in future releases.

Promotion system
Included in this release is also an promotion system. With this you can define levels and a usergroup id in which a user will be moved by reaching levels. Please take care with this, as it currently changes the primary user group. This feature is disabled by default.

Impact on performance
- vBExperience uses the "user" table to store it's informations, so no additional query is needed in postbit.
- On the Memberprofile one additional query is used to gather the statistics.
- Every 15 minute a cron is running to recalculate stats for users that created a post since the last cron, only stats of currently active users are recalculated
- Every night a cron is running to recalculate the posts per day that is needed for the activity factor, this counts for all users, regardless they are active or not.

Installation
This product has additional files, is fully phrased and uses template hooks. No file changes or manual template edits needed. Two cron's are automatically added.
1. Upload all files from "upload" to your server, take care of the directory structure. Images must be uploaded in BINARY, PHP files in TEXT mode.
By using not the default style you should have in mind that you also must copy the images to the correct directory of the style, thats mostly under "/designs/" or "/styles/".
2. Import the main product "product_vbexperience37.xml"
3. Import a level product "vbexperience_level_1_?.xml" (see above "Levels").
4. Tweak settings if required and manually recount the score for every user via maintenance

Troubleshooting
If there are no bars visible at the postbit, you don't have a fully vB3.7 compatible postbit/postbit_legacy template. You will need $template_hook[postbit_userinfo_left] - make sure it's there. Take a look at the origin 3.7 template to see where it should be.

Screenshots
I've attached a few screenshots:
vBExperience_Postbit.JPG - An overview of users score is visible in the postbit
vBExperience_Profile.JPG - It adds a detailed memberblock to the new vB3.7 profile
vBExperience_Settings.JPG - Settings are done via AdminCP

Todo
A great thing would be if you could plug other calculations into it, f.e. for picture comments, guest book entries, blog entries. I plan to integrate some hooks for this.

Updates
3.7.3, 22th Feb 2008:
- Post Thanks and Reputation are only shown if they are enabled
- Smaller fixes

3.7.2, 21th Feb 2008:
- Added new xperience: Social Groups. A new setting has been introduced to control it
- Added new xperience: Visitor messages. A new setting has been introduced to control it
- Added new xperience: Attachement views. A new setting has been introduced to control it
- Added new xperience: Thread tags. A new setting has been introduced to control it
- Removed "Use thanks" and "Use infractions" - they can now be disabled by setting their value to 0
- Cron adjusted from 15 to 10 minutes

3.7.1, 20th Feb 2008:
- Fixed errors with missing prefix and case sensitivity in SQL queries
- Stats are now with correct user sum
- Handling correct user ignore

3.7.0, 19th Feb 2008:
- First public release

-

I always try to supply you with screenshots when available, and full text Ctrl C / v. :)

DaddyCool

Please help, I accidentally clicked 'yes' to enable the 'promotions' on this hack and seem to have locked myself out of the forum/admin_cp. Is there anyway to reverse this......or am I totally screwed?

Galeras

DaddyCool try also to remove all the files of the hack that you uploaded.
I'v don't use this mod, but i had trouble (couldn't save any changes made in adminCP) with similar mod once.

DaddyCool

Thanks for your replies, removing the hack files from the server did not work, how do I go about removing the hack from the database manually?
any assistance greatly appreciated, as I am now no longer admin of my own forum :(

EDIT: never mind folks......I got it sorted, cheers for the assistance tho :D

DTC

In your config.php (forum)

find

Code:
<?php

Add below

Code:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then try to log into your administration panel and delete the hack ;)

Galeras

DaddyCool said:
EDIT: never mind folks......I got it sorted, cheers for the assistance tho :D

Oh nice, would you mind sharing your expire? Maybe other users are looking forward the same problem.

DaddyCool

Galeras said:
Oh nice, would you mind sharing your expire? Maybe other users are looking forward the same problem.

Well, tbh it was a bit of luck, I have another admin on my forum and he wasn't effected by the expierence hack, as he hadn't posted on the forum yet, so I got him login to the Admin_cp and remove the hack and restore me to my rightful status as admin :D

Also I see the 'DTC' has come up with a possible solution to that problem too.

DTC

My solution disable all hack in the forum, a kind of safe mode for vBulletin... Very usefull when you can't access in your admincp.

I had some similar errors with others hacks, everytime this solution saved my life :D

DaddyCool

DTC said:
My solution disable all hack in the forum, a kind of safe mode for vBulletin... Very usefull when you can't access in your admincp.

I had some similar errors with others hacks, everytime this solution saved my life :D

I will remember that for future reference DTC, cheers dude ! :D

fht

Can you tell me how to change image Directory ,because the bar images doesnt appear :S
i know how to change image directory but there is "[imgdir_misc]/level/" i downt know how to change this , maybe /Forum/images/misc/level/ ???