vBExperience 3.8

MobileHacks

Description
vBExperience is an advanced Level and Activity System with Shop and Awards. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. Now your users will see how their level is increasing by participating on your forum.

Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads? All this can be answered with this mod.

Demo:
Inside Earth Universe - powered by vBulletin

Demo Profile:
Inside Earth Universe - View Profile: Phalynx

Demo Rankings:
Inside Earth Universe - Ranking

Demo Awards:
http://www.insideearth.net/xperience...wards&langid=5

Demo Promotions:
http://www.insidesupcom.de/xperience...=shop&langid=1

Demo Shop:
http://www.insideearth.net/xperience...=shop&langid=5

Demo Stats:
http://www.insideearth.net/xperience...stats&langid=5

Demo Earn Points:
http://www.insideearth.net/xperience...=earn&langid=5

There are mainly four things visible for the users: The users score, his level, his next level up in %/points and his activity in %.

Calculation of the score
Taken into calculation are these things:
Threads
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags
- Replies to own threads
- Sticky threads
- Socialgroup Discussions (Discussions, Posts)

- Views on attachments

User
- Days since registration
- Referrals
- Received infractions
- Reputation / Use of reputation system
- Visitor messages on profiles
- Members of own social groups
- Albumpictures
- Friends
- Completing Profile

Misc
Additionally there is support for 3rd party addons (some are already installed):
- AWCoding-Donation System LITE and PRO (via CDP Addon)
- Cyb Paypal Donate (included)
- DownloadsII (included)
- ibProArcade Highscorer Points (via CDP Addon)
- LDM Links and Downloads Manager (included)
- PhotoPlog 2.1 (via CDP Addon)
- PhotoPost vBGallery (via CDP Addon)
- PhotoPost Pro (via CDP Addon)
- Post Thank You / Use of Post Thank You (via CDP Addon)
- QuoteIt! 3.16 (via CDP Addon)
- SAPR: Advanced Post Rating system (via CDP Addon)
- thanks via vS-Hide Hack Resurrection (Expanded Edition)
- v3arcade Highscorer Points (via CDP Addon)
- v3arcade Submissions Points (via CDP Addon)
- vBulletin Blog (included)
- Who Downloaded This Attachment? (included)
- Other Addons can be added via CDP - Custom Data Provider plugins.

Additionally you can install these modifications:
- Thread Necromancer: Gives (minus-) points when a user is posting in old threads. Contains also Thread Necromancer Award.
- Scrupulous Poster: Gives points for editing posts. Award users that are editing own posts instead of doing double post.
- Deletion Addicted: Gives points when an user/nod soft-deletes post, thread, visitormessage, groupmessage or picturecomment.
- Arm of Law: Give points for moderators who are using the infraction system
- Discussion Ender: Give points for people who are the last on a discussion

Also, there are already addons available that are working as Custom Data Provider (CDP). A CDP can extend vBExperience by collecting data and adding it to the vBExperience datastore. All point providers can be used for Awards and Shop.

You have to install these hacks for your own, vBExperience doesn't install nor touches these.

vBAdvanced
There are two vBAdvanced 3.0 XML modules: Most Active Users and Most Experienced Users. Import them via vBAdvanced AdminCP.

Awards
There are three default awards: Community, Posting and Activity. The awards are shown in Rankings and Profile. You can set them also to display in postbit near the username. There is a scheduled job running once a day (02:30h) to calculate them.
Via AdminCP they are completely customizeable and can also be assigned manually.
Awards can be created for every data provider.

Rankings
Showing User, Level, Awards, Activity Points (experience, thread, post, user, misc) - sortable.
Since 3.8.3, there is a also a ranking for Social Groups

Shop
With vBExerience 3.7.14 a virtual Shop has been introduced. You can define categories and put virtual items with pictures in it. A currency can be defined seperatly for every item, e.g. 20 points from threads or 100 points from gallery. Users can purchase the items, they appear in their profile. The costs of the item are substracted from their xperience points. Additionally you can set quantity of the items.
The Shop will motivate your users to collect specific points to buy an item. Optionally you can show the last purchased items on postbit.
You can put virtual items in it, like WoW addons: Sell WoW Items in exchange of f.e. thread points. Great for RPG forums.

Earn Points
Since vBExperience 3.8.0 there is an overview for the user on how points can be collected. All data is beeing pulled from the database (settings, phrases)

Statistics
The statistics is showing a Top-X list of the leading users. Usefull for optimizing points of the point provider. Only enabled point providers with results will be displayed.

Promotion system
To motivate users to do more on your forum I created the promotion system. By reaching defined xperience points the user will be moved to another usergroup - where you can set graphics, shadows, highlighting, etc... What is interesting in combination with this: you can give the user more possibilities f.e. larger avatars or bigger PM box. A log of the promotions is available.

Calculation of the activity
The system calculates the activity by taking the average post count of the ten most active user and comparing it to own post count. This can be set to count only the last X days, f.e. 21 days (controlable via AdminCP) .

Settings
You can control how many points are given to every calculation. For example you can give many points for creating new threads but only a few for views of that thread. Setting a value to 0 will disable a setting.
Additionally, you can set ignore users (f.e. for bot users), forums (f.e. offtopic forums) and usergroup id's.

Performance, Big Boards
vBExperience has been tested on smaller and also on some bigger sites. I know from boards with around 120k users running this mod smoothly. More about this topic can be read in the file readme_optimization.txt

Frequently asked questions
Q: How do I change the name Experience to something new?
A: You can change the name via phrases. Just search and replace all phrases that contains vBExperience.

Q: When installing vBExperience, does everyone start from scratch, or will it automatically configure everyone's points based on actions before the install?
A: If you recount, vBExperience will calculate ALL existing data since the beginning of the board.

Known Issues:
- Awards: On "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" awards are only shown for the user who is viewing this.
- Awards: If activated in with rich username, they are attached to the username. If the username is linked, the awards are also linked. If a link is underlined, the awards are also underlined. This behaviour is hardcoded in vBulletin and cannot be fixed.
- Settings are showing only a blank page, read here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...6979#note74140
- If you completely remove vBExperience, you need also to uninstall the product XML manually from the pluginssystem

Screenshots
I've attached a few screenshots:
vBExperience_Shop.jpg - Shop with open category
vBExperience_Shop_Transactionlog.jpg - Shop: Transactions for a single user
vBExperience_EarnPoints.jpg - Description for user how to earn points
vBExperience_Statistics.jpg - Statistics
vBExperience_GroupRanking.jpg - Social Group Ranking
vBExperience_Awards.JPG - Hall of Fame
vBExperience_Awards_Username.JPG - Username with Awards
vBExperience_Rankings.JPG - Rankings with new Awards
vBExperience_Profile_vBulletin 36.JPG - It adds a reduced memberblock to the vBulletin 3.6.8 profile
vBExperience_Profile_vBulletin 37.JPG - It adds a detailed memberblock to the new vBulletin 3.7 profile
vBExperience_Postbit.JPG - An overview of users score is visible in the postbit, Level up (blue bar) can be hide
vBExperience_Postbit_FullPopup.JPG - Popup on Username
vBExperience_Postbit_WithText_LeftAwards.JPG - Username prefixed with Awards and Bardescriptions
vBExperience_AdminCP_Stats.jpg - vBExperience menu and level stats
vBExperience_Settings.JPG - Settings are done via AdminCP
vBExperience_Settings_Points.JPG - Every Experience can be configured individually

Credits for icons
- FAMFAMFAM, famfamfam.com: Silk Icons
- IconExperience

History
3.8.3, 09th April 2009
- New Feature for Awards: You can enter a direct URL like "/images/awards/gold1.gif" instead of using the complicated identificator. Existing Awards are working like before.
- New Feature: Social Group Ranking. Points from group members are summed and divided by member count. Option to include only groups with x (default: 5) members. Can be disabled.
- AdminCP, Custom Points, points will be calculated for affected user immediatly
- All addons have now uninstall code to remove own columns
- Breaking change: Support for PhotoPost vBGallery has been outsourced to an plugin. You will need to install this addon (ZIP, extras/addons) to get points of it.
- New addon: v3Arcade Score Submissions
- Fixed uninstall problems
- Fixed path of vBAdvance Modules
- Several smaller fixes
- now removed the part that is causing this error, will insert it for next version. Awardurl is not available then.

Please download the ZIP again and update the file includes/functions_xperience.php

3.8.2, 27th February 2009
- New addon: Arm of Law. There are also icons for an award.
- Awards: Added award images for several addons
- Shop: Fixed problems with specials chars in username
- Rankings: Fixed not counting activity
- Promotions: Possibility to exclude admins and moderators (configurable for usergroups) from promotions
- Fixed missing phrase in maintenance/update counters
- Changed Phrase "vBExperience" to "Experience"
- Fixed several smaller problems

For more see history.txt

AtiQ

i am not sure why is it showing like this
i think i hv installed it successfully because
i uploaded the files fron uplaod via ftp in my forum section
then imported both xml files in via my admin panel
but its not looking as it sud be
here is it how its shwoing
2cp6mit.png

how can i fix it?

MobileHacks

lppls like you aint uploaded the folder called level into your images/misc
btw if you have more than 1 skin you must upload this to all skin

AtiQ said:
i am not sure why is it showing like this
i think i hv installed it successfully because
i uploaded the files fron uplaod via ftp in my forum section
then imported both xml files in via my admin panel
but its not looking as it sud be
here is it how its shwoing
2cp6mit.png

how can i fix it?

Hello Friends,
Does somebody know how to set the max level over level 100?
i made a level 2000 xml, but it doesn't get over level 100! Is this level cap hardcoded in the script?

Greetings from Switzerland,
Sasha

Hedgeehog

How do I install the shop, it says its disabled.
Do I have to upload it or something because when I try to upload the .xml file it says some files are not there.

MobileHacks

Updated To Version 382

How to upgrade?
1. Copy ALL (I mean ALL - That is a common error!) files from upload_via_ftp/ to the server. Espacially take care of the images, copy them to your style misc folder if you use a customized style.
2. ReImport product_vbexperience382.xml, allow overwrite
3. If you modified any of the vBExperience templates, revert them
4. Run Maintenance Tools/Recount (this is needed to fix activity!)