vBApp 0.1.0.0 Installer

.v0id

-- Well, first of all, it doesn't show up any message after creating a new account, so I managed to create 3 logins for vbteam with the same data; (I would suggest to show if this username is already in the program);

-- Link "Click to create a new account" doesn't work...

-- When deleting user, there is a "Confirm (0x000073)" box, I would remove that (0x000073)...

-- I will create a new "splash" screen... yeah... definitely ;)

-- Instead of Powered by vBapp, just display vBapp, or something more user friendly.

-- When on members list, and double clicking on the arrow, error1.png shows up.

-- I would add a "Go to thread..." link on RSS reader.

-- Confirm on exit and Auto-Sync should be enabled by default.

-- Quite slow on Intel Q2D 2,66 GHz, 4GB RAM... Maybe it's the software, dunno... (need to restart ;) );

-- I would add Multi-Language function

Otherwise, it's just GREAT, GREAT, GREAT !

Sorry for so much critique, but I just want it to be as perfect as possible to the first 'public' release...

/// EDIT ///

error1.png attached ;)

.v0id

-- when clicking check-for-update error2.png shows up (if you need a server for checking for an update, just let me know; I've got an unlimited bandwidth dedicated server on linux).

.v0id said:
Sorry for so much critique, but I just want it to be as perfect as possible to the first 'public' release...

Theres no need to say sorry at all, if there are any bugs/feature suggestion to improve it, they're more than welcome. btw its here for extensitve testing ;)

.v0id said:
-- Well, first of all, it doesn't show up any message after creating a new account, so I managed to create 3 logins for vbteam with the same data; (I would suggest to show if this username is already in the program);

It wont show messages untill you do a manual sync or it runs its auto-sync process. I would implement checking before creating new account if theres already an account with same username for the same website.

.v0id said:
-- Link "Click to create a new account" doesn't work...

Oops forgot, those buttons got added last night only.

.v0id said:
-- When deleting user, there is a "Confirm (0x000073)" box, I would remove that (0x000073)...

hmm, I'll move it in the message with some more description. Its for logging process btw.

.v0id said:
-- I will create a new "splash" screen... yeah... definitely ;)

That'd be cool. I'll show u a sample, it looks good with rectangle in between to show status messages.

.v0id said:
-- Instead of Powered by vBapp, just display vBapp, or something more user friendly.
Choose vBTeam.info from navigation and see the title changing, does it still need changing?

.v0id said:
-- When on members list, and double clicking on the arrow, error1.png shows up.
Could you post the screenshot?

.v0id said:
-- I would add a "Go to thread..." link on RSS reader.
That is called Feature Suggestion lol

.v0id said:
-- Confirm on exit and Auto-Sync should be enabled by default.
I'll add a new module that will send user's usages stats anonymously to us so that we can decide which settings are used more and set accordinly in new version by default ;)

.v0id said:
-- Quite slow on Intel Q2D 2,66 GHz, 4GB RAM... Maybe it's the software, dunno... (need to restart ;) );
I'm on C2D with 2GB ram and it just works fine.

.v0id said:
-- I would add Multi-Language function
Its on my to-do list, theres a folder in vbapp dir "Localization", it was the first step i took few days ago towards Multi-Language support ;)

.v0id said:
Otherwise, it's just GREAT, GREAT, GREAT !
Thanx thanx thanx.....! lol

I would really appreciate If you could post these things on vBApp.com next time, so that they can be tracked easily, Bug-Tracker (bug tracker handles all kind of reqs, bugs/features suggestion etc.)

.v0id

Sure, I will post them there :)

error images attached, I will be testing it all the time, so be ready ;D

.v0id said:
-- when clicking check-for-update error2.png shows up (if you need a server for checking for an update, just let me know; I've got an unlimited bandwidth dedicated server on linux).

I'll let you know, thanx.

.v0id said:
/// EDIT ///

error1.png attached ;)
Just checking whats going wrong on there ;)

about update, i forgot to change the URI, its pointing to my localhost lol.

.v0id

Guru said:
I'm ready ;)

So anybody found any difference between this and our own vBApp ?
Well, the other one is "instant", and requires much more modification, it's also very basic, and doesn't have a lot options

vBApp rocks in beta, can't wait for a 'proper' release :D

Looks like you've been busy...I can't click links in messages, it just sits there.

Also, I have a PM with a quoted message. For some reason, I cannot view the entire message in vBApp, the last sentence is cut off. All other messages show fine.

psilocybin said:
Looks like you've been busy...I can't click links in messages, it just sits there.

Its not implemented yet. Please-Please post this on vBpp.com's Bug Tracker, it will be hard to track them here otherwise :(

psilocybin said:
Also, I have a PM with a quoted message. For some reason, I cannot view the entire message in vBApp, the last sentence is cut off. All other messages show fine.

Forward me that message if possible and also the screenshot of vbapp PM preview window

Guru said:
Its not implemented yet. Please-Please post this on vBpp.com's Bug Tracker, it will be hard to track them here otherwise :(

Forward me that message if possible and also the screenshot of vbapp PM preview window

I forwarded with the screenshot and posted on the Bug Tracker.

Guru said:
Which button is not working? All new account button seem to be working here.

New accounts worked for me as well.

.v0id said:

This has been fixed too.

Is it possible to setup an FTP account for vBApp update (patches/installer) downloads, as I have an update available for you guyz but wanted to distribute though vBApp update process :)

.v0id

Guru said:
Here is the splash screen example

Will do something like this at the weekend; do you want any icon tough, or just a nice image and the title? If you want an icon, just upload it for me ;) or I can create one.

Guru said:
This has been fixed too.

Is it possible to setup an FTP account for vBApp update (patches/installer) downloads, as I have an update available for you guyz but wanted to distribute though vBApp update process :)

You want an 'anonymous' (public) FTP, yes?
I will set up an account soon. Wait for a PM ;)

.v0id said:
Will do something like this at the weekend; do you want any icon tough, or just a nice image and the title? If you want an icon, just upload it for me ;) or I can create one.

Splash doesnt have to be similar to this, be creative lol. If its possible get us a new icon for vBApp as current one looks like an microsoft outlook icon.

.v0id said:
You want an 'anonymous' (public) FTP, yes?
I will set up an account soon. Wait for a PM ;)

It doesnt have to be anonyous, I just need some place to upload installer/patches and vBApp will download itself. If possible make it so that it can be accessed through http also not just ftp.