trouble with Yahoo software

windows

Is anyone else having trouble downloading and installing the yahoo software? <br /><br />I have internet through AT&T and Yahoo, so they sent me a CD to install the software. When I first got it, I was able to install it, but after I did the computer would stall at the Windows XP loading screen, so I had been leaving the computer on when I managed to get it past the screen (by going through safe mode and loading it to a previous state). <br /><br />Anyway, I eventually got tired of that since when the power would go out I'd have to struggle with it or whenever it required a restart. So, I ended up uninstalling the Yahoo software. The computer works fine now, but I can't get the software to install on the computer. I've tried to use the CD installation and it just turns white when it comes to actually installing it, so I tried to download it off their website, but as soon as it starts, the browser window closes and the download disappears. <br /><br />I have contacted Yahoo's tech support and did everything they said but still no luck. Some good came out of it as I started using FireFox and am very happy with it. <br /><br />but..<br /><br />All the trouble with Yahoo makes me wonder why the computer keeps doing that.. is this its way of protecting itself? is the Yahoo software really a virus? what's wrong with it?<!--content-->
it's just yahoo is crap<!--content-->