Third Party Managed Hosting Experts

webmasterbeta

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to decide between the following three, who seem to have good reputations and reliability:AdminGeekzJonesSolutionsSeeksadmin...Can anyone offer any insight into these and if you've had experience for all three, whom would you choose?We're basically looking for initial server set up, security, proactive monitoring, and tech support as needed -- month by month.AdminGeekz's prices are significantly higher by far than the other two, but I assume there's a reason for that and am exploring it. I don't mind paying more for better service/quality.Thanks for any input!JoeyOops. This was posted in the wrong forum - can someone please move this to Managed Hosting? Thanks!Joeycan someone please move this to Managed Hosting?
Sure thing :)I know it's not on your list but ServerWizards could be your choice, I got my boxes managed by them and couldn't be happier.I don't know about the others, but I signed up for SeeksAdmin and it's just horrible, avoid them like the plague. I entered a ticket for initial server setup two days ago and still they haven't finished... they take 19 to 20 hours to respond to tickets even though they guarantee "six hours maximum response time". Their last "action" was writing "We are checking with this right now. Please standby", and that was 20 hours ago... so do yourself a favor and cross SeeksAdmin out of your list. I'm surprised people even consider them at all.I don't know about the others, but I signed up for SeeksAdmin and it's just horrible, avoid them like the plague. I entered a ticket for initial server setup two days ago and still they haven't finished... they take 19 to 20 hours to respond to tickets even though they guarantee "six hours maximum response time". Their last "action" was writing "We are checking with this right now. Please standby", and that was 20 hours ago... so do yourself a favor and cross SeeksAdmin out of your list. I'm surprised people even consider them at all.So who did you end up going with or are you still with Seeksadmin?I'm still looking for suggestions... it seems they are a few "recommended" server management companies, but they ask way more than I can afford to pay, and most of them only work with CPanel (which makes you wonder how knowledgeable they can be if they can only support one type of panel).I don't know about the others, but I signed up for SeeksAdmin and it's just horrible, avoid them like the plague. I entered a ticket for initial server setup two days ago and still they haven't finished... they take 19 to 20 hours to respond to tickets even though they guarantee "six hours maximum response time". Their last "action" was writing "We are checking with this right now. Please standby", and that was 20 hours ago... so do yourself a favor and cross SeeksAdmin out of your list. I'm surprised people even consider them at all.As I mentioned I am still investigating this with john. I can assure you this is not normal. We have many clients who are very happy with our services. I have now made sure that your ticket is dealt with and am going to monitor it to make sure that it is sorted quickly. Sometimes these things happen, and the tickets get lost in the que or there are mix ups to who is doing it. I am investigating and will find this out, because this is not the norm. I investigate all issues and I will get back to you via the helpdesk as it should be done.[EDIT] Your particular ticket as well was a bit of a pain and for the basic management plan which is very cheap is asking a lot and yet we do not complain or anything. We installed apache mysql and php for you, but you said it was the wrong version and we did it once more and again it was the wrong version. This time we will make sure it is correct. John is no longer dealing with the ticket and I will be sure to find out why he did not reply or at least update you.so far i have tried PlatinumServerManagment, Server Wizards, JoneSolutions, and ServerSupportGuys, I wont go into detail of each provider but I decided to stick with PSM, their level of support and response times were the best, however, JoneSolutions knew their stuff but the response times were more than I liked (6+ hours)Thank you for your comment dsotmoon.I can't remember you but I am sure you are a client before because what you said is true. (you can also pm me so I can remember you) :)Yes, you are correct. Our response time is from 30 minutes to 6 hours. Mostly, it is 30-60 minutes but we do not guarantee it and we do not want our clients to expect things that we can't meet yet.We are re-organizing our business plan by adding more staffs to train and make sure that they are knowledgable since we are getting more clients. This is no ETA yet but it is considered already.Anyhow, thank you for your comment.NetYour particular ticket as well was a bit of a pain and for the basic management plan which is very cheap is asking a lot and yet we do not complain or anything. We installed apache mysql and php for you, but you said it was the wrong version and we did it once more and again it was the wrong version. This time we will make sure it is correct. John is no longer dealing with the ticket and I will be sure to find out why he did not reply or at least update you. im sorry to say but that reply shows your immaturity there ticket was a pain? you cant pick and choose which tickets deserve better responses based on how you like the ticket. asking a lot for a very cheap plan? you set the price! you say unlimited tickets for 25/mo. if you cant handle that, then yuo should not openly say unlimited or you should increase your price it's false advertising and misreprentation. i was looking into your service for a directadmin box i have but not anymore!im sorry to say but that reply shows your immaturity there ticket was a pain? you cant pick and choose which tickets deserve better responses based on how you like the ticket. asking a lot for a very cheap plan? you set the price! you say unlimited tickets for 25/mo. if you cant handle that, then yuo should not openly say unlimited or you should increase your price it's false advertising and misreprentation. i was looking into your service for a directadmin box i have but not anymore!I have a tendancy to agree with Marics. I was planning on going with you but this type of comment makes me wonder.I am sorry if it shows immaturity, that is indeed my fault and I do apologise for that. However on that comment we have never yet said to a customer that they have submitted to many tickets, or anything close to that nature. We never give one ticket preferential treatment, we do work on them all exactly the same, however sometimes mistakes happen and as i mentioned i have talked to the client about this. And what I meant by what I said was, that some people expect tickets to be solved instantly, even though they will take a while3 Cheers for AdminGeekz!Hip Hip Hooray!Hip Hip Hooray!Hip Hip Hooray!@ Whatitismomma - what type of server do you have? Do you have more than one server?I don't recommend you platiniumservermanagment their service is HORRIBLE. :mad::confused::mad:PD: Who wants my ID client to send MP