SQL ERROR -'max_user_connections'

rizadrkm

hello wj, i'm having a problem with my vps server, i'm getting this error

it has a phpbb board installed on the vps and a wordpress blog, what can be done to solve this issue Login to SSH.

Edit /etc/my.cnf file and change the max_user_connections to 1500 or maybe more. Disable persistent connections in phpBB admincp hey blaze how do i edit the /etc/my.cnf Quote: Originally Posted by BlaZe Login to SSH.

Edit /etc/my.cnf file and change the max_user_connections to 1500 or maybe more. Quote: Originally Posted by desibreaker hey blaze how do i edit the /etc/my.cnf

Like what Blaze said, login to your SSH account
then type something like:

Code: nano /etc/my.cnfdepending on your editor.

If you don't know how to do this, just ask your host to do it for you. Quote: Originally Posted by BlaZe Login to SSH.

Edit /etc/my.cnf file and change the max_user_connections to 1500 or maybe more. 1203 is an SQL error code

Information about this error:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/...nnections.html

Quote: Originally Posted by desibreaker hey blaze how do i edit the /etc/my.cnf You can use Filezilla secure ftp, download my.cnf, edit it with Notepad++, save and then re-upload it.

May I know your MySQL version and which control panel are you using? Quote: Originally Posted by BlaZe Login to SSH.

Edit /etc/my.cnf file and change the max_user_connections to 1500 or maybe more. That would be too high IMO, raising it to 700 - 800 would do good. Quote: Originally Posted by RazorFX That would be too high IMO, raising it to 700 - 800 would do good. Doesnt Matter its his own VPS Quote: Originally Posted by BlaZe Login to SSH.

Edit /etc/my.cnf file and change the max_user_connections to 1500 or maybe more.
Thats a bad idea, if someone floods the forum the server can lock and the DB crash.

Find how many connections you are using at peak times and add 200 onto it in my.cnf.

This script is good for getting mysql info tuning-primer.sh