show/hide layers in NN

liunx

Anyone out there finding that the nice show/hide layers they set up that work in IE don't do so good in NN?<br />
<br />
Please reply if you've found a solution or a work-around!<br />
<br />
Cecilia<!--content-->If you are using correct code and not proprietary crap, modern IE and NS browsers will work with the same standards compliant code<br />
<br />
document.getElementById('yourobject').style.visibility="hidden"<br />
document.getElementById('yourobject').style.visibility="visible"<!--content-->Hi, Stephan!<br />
<br />
I'm using Dreamweaver 3, so I don't know if that counts as "correct" or "proprietary crap" (I'm guessing the latter?), but the problem is I do not know how to hand code Javascript. Maybe if it's not too involved, you can tell me where this goes in the document, and if I should replace "yourobject" with something specific? <br />
<br />
document.getElementById('yourobject').style.visibility="hidden" <br />
document.getElementById('yourobject').style.visibility="visible"<br />
<br />
The page in question is at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jetsetbabies.com/shop.htm">http://www.jetsetbabies.com/shop.htm</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
The menu bar works just fine, but when you go down to the product thumbnails and mouse over them, nothing happens.<br />
<br />
I've been working on this for over a week, and I'm about to give up!<br />
<br />
Cecilia<br />
<br />
p.s. Happy New Year!!<!--content-->Originally posted by Dave Clark <br />
I'm guessing that your DreamWeaver is an old version. <br />
<br />
Yepp your right, I checked and it's at least 3 years old.<br />
<br />
A tip to original poster, if you are going to use a WYSI(not)WYG editor at least make sure it's up to date.<br />
For your own sake however, there is no real shortcut to webcoding in the long run from learning how to handcode. The less you rely on automated generation in utils the more likely you will be to know what is happening and how to fix things when they don't work/look as you would like to.<!--content-->Dave,<br />
<br />
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this and post your reply. FWIW, it didn't work, but I'm thinking I need to go with another tack alltogether. A good designer friend of mine tells me it's not a good approach to begin with, for various reasons. Anyway thank you. Very much. You at least were helpful and gave me something to try.<br />
<br />
And Stephan,<br />
<br />
As much as I understand your POV, your bedside manner, frankly, sucks. The condescention comes through loud and clear. I'm *sorry* I can't afford to upgrade to the newest version of Dreamweaver. Wish I had the time to learn Javascript. Wish all the world was as perfect as you.<br />
<br />
Pthhht!<br />
<br />
Cecilia<!--content-->Originally posted by CeciliaLibra <br />
As much as I understand your POV, your bedside manner, frankly, sucks. The condescention comes through loud and clear. I'm *sorry* I can't afford to upgrade to the newest version of Dreamweaver. <br />
<br />
Wish all the world was as perfect as you.<br />
<br />
Pthhht!<br />
<br />
<br />
There are plenty of freeware page editors that works much better then a 3+ year old version of Dreamweaver, so noone is asking you to spend any money at all.<br />
<br />
Obviously it's your choise if you decide to listen to good advice but please don't shoot the messenger.<br />
<br />
If you would be a nice person I would give you some links, but with your attitude I won't bother.<br />
<br />
Good luck continuing using your severly outdated editor, I'm sure that will be punishment enough for you with every single page you try to make with it...<!--content-->