seeksadmin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,We have 2 accounts with seeksadmin, all has been working smoothly until last week, they are taking to long to respond, we had tickets waiting for resolution for 2 days, we have send a 911 support ticket that is on hold without any answer for more than 5 hours.Anyone knows what is going on??Regards,Perhaps they are having issues with the support desk, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the explanation. Maybe their work load was too extreme and they are trying to narrow things down as quickly as possible?Get In Touch With UsCommunication is key! We always here, waiting to service your support needs!Looks like theirs someone their all the time? Then again their live chat just sends you to send an email "Department is currently unavailable. Please leave a message." I think you should try giving them a call, maybe their network took a nap? Phone them: 1.877.397.SEEKever since seeksadmin started outsourcing there own support to india they got terrible, slow and inaccurate. i cancelled with them a while agowe received a response 1 hour ago saying they had network problems, but the truth is that the support response lately has been very bad.I don磘 care if the support is made by chinese, americans or indians, the most important is the quality of their work.Regards,we received a response 1 hour ago saying they had network problems, but the truth is that the support response lately has been very bad.

I knew that it was going to turn out into network problems, maybe it was they just actully missed the ticket?

I don磘 care if the support is made by chinese, americans or indians, the most important is the quality of their work.

That is ultimately true, it doesn't matter where they are just as long as the job is done and done right further more each side is understating..

What kind of control panel do you use?ever since seeksadmin started outsourcing there own support to india they got terrible, slow and inaccurate. i cancelled with them a while ago

Indians are better than the others to handle support tickets, but i think the problem is from the management side. They must get appropriate answers from the team before they can reply anything which is something critical.I think they still have issue to dispatching tickets...Sometimes I had to wait almost weeks for tickets to be resolved. Real time chat for the win!!We tried having them fully manage ($75/mo at that time) one of our servers early this year. Result: we lost our patience and only kept them for a few months and we let them go Reason: Response was WAY TOO SLOW, it ranges from many hours to weeks and you get all kinds of alibi. They will even try to blame it on everything else except themselves. So, I am not surprised to see all these at all.we were indeed having staff shortages but it has now been sorted and everything is being responded to within 30 minutes as the ticket que is relitavly low at the moment.Sorry for the problems caused. Send an email to sales and I will sort you out with some credit and also discuss some steps to make sure this doesnt happen againIndians are better than the others to handle support tickets, but i think the problem is from the management side. They must get appropriate answers from the team before they can reply anything which is something critical.Sorry for the offtopic, but how Indians are better than Americans or Brits, Aussies, Turks, Japans? They have 2 brains and 20 fingers in each hand so they think and type more quickly?Care to explain?Sorry for the problems caused. Send an email to sales and I will sort you out with some credit and also discuss some steps to make sure this doesnt happen againGood job.Sorry for the offtopic, but how Indians are better than Americans or Brits, Aussies, Turks, Japans? They have 2 brains and 20 fingers in each hand so they think and type more quickly?Care to explain?I don't think nobody is better than nobody, we are all humman here. I feel Indians are more hard workers than some american works, it's a proven fact that a majority of the Americans are lazy. Indians are always down to work and work hard.Indians are better than the others to handle support tickets, but i think the problem is from the management side. They must get appropriate answers from the team before they can reply anything which is something critical.

What does your ethnicity or cultural background have to do with knowledge?!:eek:What does your ethnicity or cultural background have to do with knowledge?!:eek:

Is normal that some ethnicities are better at some things than others, you can see that at sports, technical advances, science etc. Indians are emerging as one of the super powers in computer related areas, they are putting effort into getting better than others and they may be getting good results.

Doesn't mean others places don't have quality of work, however comparing Indian manpower to other countries undians win most of the times when balancing price with quality.it's a proven fact that a majority of the Americans are lazy.lol - Didn't know this was a proven scientific fact.we were indeed having staff shortages but it has now been sorted and everything is being responded to within 30 minutes as the ticket que is relitavly low at the moment. Sorry for the problems caused. Send an email to sales and I will sort you out with some credit and also discuss some steps to make sure this doesnt happen again You promised that to me before.. but once again; - Tickets stay open for 1 month. - No answer from management if you ask why its open so long. - Changing plans without ANY notice. (From 8 to 4 ports monitored). - Initial setups that take more then 2 months. - No reaction if services are down (a monitored server of mine was down for 10 hours without any tech from seeksadmin that reacted). - Techs (the indian guys again) that apply wrong firewall rules and lock services out or even apply things to the wrong server. - 911 Requests that dont get resolved in 1 day, in fact.. i monitored the time that a tech is trying to resolve a 911, was about 30mins, then the tech disconnected and let the ticket ''on hold'' for about a day now. And the funny thing is, they have the guts to say ''We wont do anything before you pay your invoice'' .. i think they can better start to send credit instead of invoice, this had allready cost us lots of complaining and cancelling customers. There has been no improvement so far, TR Seeks. Its only going downhill.Hello,Sorry for the delay on responding.I think the problem is the price involved, seeksadmin wants to be competitive offering low prices but it seems and is no surprise that this has a price, and the price to pay is the service quality level.We didn磘 ask for a credit has Tris purpose, we do not want any credit we just want the job done.About the support now In the morning we get very fast responses but if we can磘 solve the issues until 10 am usually the next answer is at 8 pm or later, like this we think seeksadmin is going to be known has a weak partner for support.Even so we can磘 see very good competitive alternatives, at least with the range of OS and Control Panels seeksadmin supports, at least at similar prices.Regards,I can assure everyone that within the next few days/weeks you will see a vast improvement gaurenteed. We have done a few things to help sort this, firstly we have hired some more staff and anouther quality assurance deparatment member. WE also have implimented some new staff policies and rules. I am sorry for anyone that has had a bad experience recently, I am working extremely hard to sort this out and go back to the quality we had a few months ago.I can vouch for all the claims regarding slow response times. My server crashed not long after SeeksAdmin had locked it down. I asked for help since I had not done anything to the server since they were working on it, and there were looong lapses in responses for the ticket I had, which was a "911" status ticket.Occasionally they would give me a "you will be updated shortly" response to hold me over, a whole day would go by before I heard anything worthwhile. My server was down for 5 days before they decided to re-image it.I can vouch for all the claims regarding slow response times. My server crashed not long after SeeksAdmin had locked it down. I asked for help since I had not done anything to the server since they were working on it, and there were looong lapses in responses for the ticket I had, which was a "911" status ticket.

Occasionally they would give me a "you will be updated shortly" response to hold me over, a whole day would go by before I heard anything worthwhile. My server was down for 5 days before they decided to re-image it.

May I ask what the problem was that lead for you to be down for 5 days and even then have to reimage.I wish I knew for sure. My best guess is only a theory. Seeksadmin had tried upgrading the kernel on the machine, but they were having trouble getting it to boot. One morning I woke up and the machine was down. Couldn't get it to boot in normal or rescue mode, and 1and1 told me it was hanging at the bootloader. There were no options for them to choose the previous kernel to boot from because Seeksadmin had locked down lilo.So, the Seeksadmin guy finally re-imaged the server. Had this matter been paid attention to for more than one hour every 15-24 hours, it would have left me with a much better taste in my mouth regarding SeeksAdmin.Okay well only half the story was posted so I wll post the whole story. That is fine with me. I will use ticket history... well a summary, but if full ticket history is wanted I can give it.You order was placed at Aug-02-07 12:38:51PMDue to billing issues it wasnt started until: Aug-02-07 7:54:33PMWe had completed Ultimate Security at Aug-03-07 3:46:27PM including kernel compileWe then investigated how the hacker got in and reported this to ashetech.Then you tried booting with new kernel but it failed, we found out this was due to the raid. So then we redid the kernel. After that we did 5-7 reboots during the security process to make sure the kernel worked and the server came up with NO ERRORS. Then on Aug 14th we got contacted saying he couldnt get the machine up as server was hanging during lilo bootloader. We continued to try and to help asking for the error and remote login details etc. The password and login information we were given did not work. It was not until a day and half later that we managed to login as we had the correct details. Then once again they changed and it wasnt till the 16th that we could login. Then we asked ashetech to ask the datacenter to change the bootloader to grub and remove raid configuration temporarily. He said they said he had to reload but he told us he had backups so we said ok thats fine, we will resecure the server for free. He confirmed the OS reload, and we did it. Then the rest of the ticket is all about how apparently it was our fault.I substain it wasnt our fault because we rebooted many times between our kernel compile and the failure above. Also you mention the delays are our fault, but as mentioned we had many problems due to the password failing. I am happy to admit if something was our fault but in this case it wasnt and as we discussed in the ticket when you brought it up and gave evidence for, that was what i thought was the end of the situation. However you posted here with your opinions I posted here with mine and the evidence. So now it is over.In the last few weeks and months I have worked very hard training and hiring more staff and I believe now that ticket quality is much higher and response times much lower and I think the clients believe that too judging from what they have told me. In a few weeks I will be sending out a feedback email to clients to see what they really think of recent performance. I can tell you that average response time is a lot lower and resolution times are also much quicker. Will I am sorry for what happened to you as I said in the ticket, but this was not our fault, and we worked hard to help you fix it and we still get the blame.I appreciate how you all tried to help me, don't get me wrong. Still, there were very long gaps in response times, which is evident in the ticket.Also, if you were sitting in my shoes, how would it look? You hire someone that knows more than you to fix up your machine, and it is attempted to explain to you what happened through broken English, leaving you unsure of what is really going on. You don't do anything to the server, then you wake up one day and it's down and unresponsive.Also, it was never explained to me that you did 5-7 reboots until after the server crashed. I am curious when those reboots ocurred, as I had been checking root's History file to see what you all been doing, and hadn't seen any reboot commands.And as noted in the ticket, I never got what I originally asked for, which was to find out exactly what script on what domain was compromised - something you told me on the phone would be taken care of the day I first called.You were shown the logs we managed to obtain of the hack and as we mentioned in the ticket there was no specific details of what domain had caused the hack. We said we had added code to stop the hack happening in future, but due to the lack of logs available to us we could not find the actual domain.Lack of logs? That is news to me - no one mentioned that in the ticket. There were plenty of logs available - each domain had its own set dating back at least 30 days, but you all only looked in the main /var/log directory. However, I mentioned more than once in the ticket to look through the logs in each domain's home directory.I can see where you are coming from, but unfortunately, no one ever communicated to me in the ticket as clearly as you are now, which is too little too late.<< Private Ticket Information Removed >>

Here is the evidence of that. I removed staff names for their sake. I can keep going if you want any more evidence, although you should have it all in your email/ticket historyI mean I can understand why you are frustrated and if I was in your shoes I would be too but that doesnt make pointing fingers any better. I have gone over the ticket many times as you complained and saw nothing wrong with how my staff dealt it and have seen nothing wrong with the conduct or what we did. We confirmed twice that you had backups before going ahead with the reload, we checked everything was working and we even went to help after your server was down. I am a little bit upset because as far as I am concerned we did nothing wrong and yet you still want to blame us.Is it a policy that posting what I would have assumed were private conversations in a ticket between me and your company in public forums to be considered ok?All I know is this:Before hiring Seeksadmin, server up and running. After hiring Seeksadmin, server crashed and burned.I stopped asking for help because I took the opportunity to move away from 1and1. I appreciate that you all were offering to help.Still, the issue remains that there were long gaps in responses, and communication was difficult to interpret for someone who doesn't have the expertise you all do.No sense in beating a dead horse. I'll take the blame since it's evident now that you all have done nothing wrong.Is it a policy that posting what I would have assumed were private conversations in a ticket between me and your company in public forums to be considered ok?

I posted staff replies, and as they did not mention any private details I believe that to be fine. However as you seem to be concerned about it I will remove it -- I just wanted you to see the proof. I honestly am sorry and we would be happy to secure your new server for free if you want to say we are sorry for your situation. This was not as you suggested in the ticket due to guilt but due to us enjoying our work and caring about our clientsBefore hiring Seeksadmin, server up and running. After hiring Seeksadmin, server crashed and burned.I had that experience as well (more or less), but before the revamped Seeksadmin. Things do go wrong, only seriously annoying thing is being kept in the dark - and that they did. I would, however, like to hear if anyone are experiencing the new and improved Seeksadmin, or, if everything is simply as before (no, the seeksadmin site doesn't convince me of anything).I've been using SeeksAdmin as my server administrator for little bit over 6 months now, and there's 3 words to describe them:Fast, Efficient, and Accurate.I've done tons on the server, messing up here and there, requesting alot of things to do on the server. Most of the time, they get them done within 24 hours, and if it was an emergency, they fixed up my server in 15 minutes.I'd recommend SeeksAdmin to anyone who's looking for outsourced server administration, and would keep using them myself!Hello all, We have 2 dedicated servers managed by seeksadmin and we are very happy with their services because they fix problems very quick... even if the problem is big or not their mistake they fix it.... i have their managment around 3 months and for the third server we will also use seeksadmin for server managment team... because their services are the best.... we have tried some other managments... but this one (seeksadmin) is the best for our needs... i give them rating 9/10 :) but soon the will have rating 10/10 =)Nice to see some positive reviews. Must also be nice for Seeksadmin.Has anyone had positive experience with their feedback system? I'm thinking in regards to feedback-/complaint- tickets... ie something went wrong, or service not been completely satiesfying. Thats were I got burnt when I was with them. I more or less felt, that their feedback appartment focused more on WHT than on the silent customers that used their ticket system. But again, Seeks admitted problems prior to the relaunch - but I'd also like to know if this has gotten better... not just if customers without any problems are content.Nice to see some positive reviews. Must also be nice for Seeksadmin.Has anyone had positive experience with their feedback system? I'm thinking in regards to feedback-/complaint- tickets... ie something went wrong, or service not been completely satiesfying. Thats were I got burnt when I was with them. I more or less felt, that their feedback appartment focused more on WHT than on the silent customers that used their ticket system. But again, Seeks admitted problems prior to the relaunch - but I'd also like to know if this has gotten better... not just if customers without any problems are content.Maybe I can reply that, We havnt actually had any feedback tickets in a long while - so I doubt there are any customers out there who can help you with that. Sorry :(. We do however now a Quality assurance department to cover the feedback desk and make sure quality is high. So hopefully that helps if a feedback ticket does arrive againI think every company has a pitfall now and again. Maybe this was a blip?