SeeksAdmin Support Problem

wxdqz

hi alli have been many times to these forum just to read and find out stuff about web hosting. my company has 2 servers and was planning to give a 3 one to seeksadmin for suuport. i recently had a proble with one of my new servers that seeksadmin at first checked out and found ok. but since that last message no answerSent to Spyros *** on Mar-05-07 9:17:35PM Hello, We have reinstalled the Plesk on windows and configuring it now. We will getback to you with the updates as soon as possible.-Linuxcaresand i still dont know if the company closed down or something. 4 days is a lot of time i dont think i am wrong. does anybody faces any simular problem with seeksadmin? any info please!!!!Hello

I will get back to you via the support ticket. I am not sure what your ticket number is so please do PM me as I dont see it in the systemhi all i have been many times to these forum just to read and find out stuff about web hosting. my company has 2 servers and was planning to give a 3 one to seeksadmin for suuport. i recently had a proble with one of my new servers that seeksadmin at first checked out and found ok. but since that last message no answer Sent to Spyros *** on Mar-05-07 9:17:35PM Hello, We have reinstalled the Plesk on windows and configuring it now. We will getback to you with the updates as soon as possible. -Linuxcares and i still dont know if the company closed down or something. 4 days is a lot of time i dont think i am wrong. does anybody faces any simular problem with seeksadmin? any info please!!!!I have found that tickets get lost in there ticket system if you reply using email sometimes. So what I do now if I reply using my email is, I go to my account and verify that it made it to the ticket system. Did you submit another follow up ticket to it. If I wait more them 4 to 6 hours I submitted another followup and I usually get a response. I may not very happy waiting 4 to six hours on some of their response times, but if I submit a followup it at least lets them not that there is a ticket and it is still not answered. I would definitely not wait 4 days without sending them a nasty followup like you did.yeah 4 days would be a bit extreme, could be a software fault or something though so i recommend what attroll suggested about checkign the ticket portal.RegardsHello I will get back to you via the support ticket. I am not sure what your ticket number is so please do PM me as I dont see it in the systemits been hourss but still no answer. i dont understand how well organised is your company if you cant find open tickets (#37005] Windows Server) that i ve been opening continiously just to know what happened with the server. and for the record my last tickets were not send by mail but directly to their support area in their site (no excuse for them over there)look how many times i ve opened the ticket and i m stil waiting an answerReceived on Mar-07-07 5:47:35AMReceived on Mar-06-07 6:46:11AMReceived on Mar-09-07 5:10:50AMReceived on Mar-09-07 12:56:59PM SEEKSADMINITS BEEN 8 HOURS SINCE MY LAST MAIL AND STILL NO ANSWER. COULD YOU INFORM ME IFYOUR COMPANY CLOSED OR SOMETHING? PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AND LET ME JUST KNOWTHAT YOU EXIST AND WHEN AND IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO FIX MY SERVER.and still no answer. is it that dificult to find the ticket? is that difficult to check your system for any opened tickets? is it so difficult to search for somebody with a name aboutnet?i dont really know maybe i am wrong, but i could at least have an answer like sorry we are out of stuff or that we are facing a problem dont worry we exist and we need one day or three or a month to fix your server, or we just cant fix it and we will refund you (thats the least) i dont care about 100 $ for the 2 servers i have over there.just an aswer just a sign even from god!!! do you think its reasonable?I have found that tickets get lost in there ticket system if you reply using email sometimes. So what I do now if I reply using my email is, I go to my account and verify that it made it to the ticket system. Did you submit another follow up ticket to it. If I wait more them 4 to 6 hours I submitted another followup and I usually get a response. I may not very happy waiting 4 to six hours on some of their response times, but if I submit a followup it at least lets them not that there is a ticket and it is still not answered. I would definitely not wait 4 days without sending them a nasty followup like you did.thank you attroll for your answeri did that as you told me and i found out that this isnt the case as i can see all my tickets. any way as i consider myself a newcomer in the forum and in the server support biz i prefered to ask somebody's experience and opinion and yours was helpful. thank you for your time reading my post and replyingAlso one more note looking at your account, is that we dont fully support WINDOWS servers as not all our admins know it. in fact only two of them know this and this can cause problems as you have seen. However I have asked a staff member to look into the tickets under your account and hopefully this will be resolved shortly. I am away for the weekend and will follow up on this on Monday, to make sure everything is going okayAlso one more note looking at your account, is that we dont fully support WINDOWS servers as not all our admins know it. in fact only two of them know this and this can cause problems as you have seen. However I have asked a staff member to look into the tickets under your account and hopefully this will be resolved shortly. I am away for the weekend and will follow up on this on Monday, to make sure everything is going okaydear trseeksok thank you very much. it is a great quality in a man and especialy when doing business to admit when he is wrong. dont you think you have done wrong right now? telling me that you dont support windows server now?and not when i signed in for support for that server also? or even all those days that i ve been looking for somebody from your company to answer me or just to inform me thta for alla the above reasons we cant support you or we will be late?just an answer showing that you care and that you exist!!!!!!!!!!!yeah 4 days would be a bit extreme, could be a software fault or something though so i recommend what attroll suggested about checkign the ticket portal.Regardsurl host thank you for your interest in my problem. as i mentioned before i checked the ticket portal and everything was ok as i found every ticket there. but as you can see its a human error or negligence the time will show. but still thanks again.Ok well as I mentioned Ill deal with this when im not on my mobile phone. I will be back late this evening GMT to help sort the problems. I believe I did say when you ordered the server that we did not fully support windows yes but could still do it but not provide the support you would get for linux. At the end of the day that is no excuse for 4 days no response and I will investigate it. I do apologise, we will also give you some form of credit for next month to make up for the issues causedOk well as I mentioned Ill deal with this when im not on my mobile phone. I will be back late this evening GMT to help sort the problems. I believe I did say when you ordered the server that we did not fully support windows yes but could still do it but not provide the support you would get for linux. At the end of the day that is no excuse for 4 days no response and I will investigate it. I do apologise, we will also give you some form of credit for next month to make up for the issues causedi think that we shouldnt come this far to hear this from you. i assure that i have nothing in written saying that you dont fully support windows servers but we are humans and we can make mistakes. for one mistake you cant judge somebodys professional integrity or capability. i would appreciate if you could continue our collaboration with as much caution as you can in order it to become permanet and strong as i already told you i have in total 8 servers and going, and i would appreciate if i could have somebody that i can rely on to manage them. for the record i really dont care for the credit dont really bother for that i prefer a better look at my servers that are with your company from yourself in order to check for any ommisions. please look into the matter and try to solve it out tuesday at the most as i must open all the hosting accounts i promissed to my clients.lets hope to a better and close collaboration in the future.I have 3 servers. The first one is supported by ezsm.com. They are extremaly fast and professional, but they don't support OS like Debian, Suse and newer versions of Fedora. So, I can not use services of this company for all my servers. I pay USD 99/month. For my second server I use totalserversolutions.com services. They are OK, but in the beginning I had a problem with MySQL which doesn't accept any password. Total Server Solutions was not able to fix this problem saying that it it's a problem of my scripts. I paid extra money to ezsm.com and they fixed it very fast (it was not a script problem).For my third server I decided to try seeksadmin.com services. I signed up and submitted a ticket to order initial setup. I also sent them a list of necessary software what I need. They installed everything (it took 5 days) and informed me that basic security packages has been installed.Everything looked OK. Then after server reboot I discovered that some services - FTP, Postfix... don't start automatically. After initial setup I had Apache 1.3, but after reboot Apache 2.0. As I understand seeksadmin.com installed Apache1.3, but didn't remove Apache 2.0 which was already installed before. Then I decided to check my server more carefully. When I didn't find even chkrootkit and SIM (as promissed in service description), I decided to reinstall server and to look for another company.I ordered new installation, but my data center had some problem with it and my server was offline more than 24 hours. Can you imagine - I didn't get any notification from seeksadmin.com telling that my servere is down. I wonder what does mean "24/7 Monitoring, 5 minute updates" as said in their service description.3 days ago I signed up for acunett.com services. I am still waiting for intial setup to be finished.To be continued...I am in the same boat you are. I signed up for seeksadmin at the beginning of March and the install went pretty good and I did not have any problems with that because I had the sever software already installed before they took control of the server. So it was just some tweaking on there part to do.The problem I have had is with support tickets. I think others have complained about this to. I can understand taking a day or two on tickets that are low priority and things of that nature. But they do not advertise a day or two. They should stick to what they advertise. There reasoning is always either that they got swamped with tickets all at once or that there having support staff issues. I am getting tired of these excuses. I have had support tickets getting lost when replying to them, and I would have to log in and double check that they got posted and if not resubmit them. The think what really ticket me off the most is the incompetence of some of the people on their staff. I don抰 know if I should say it in that manner, but let me explain a good example of what I mean. I told them I wanted to set up a certificate for my server for 搈ysite.net?so that when I went to my WHM that the message 揟here is a problem with this website's security certificate?would not pop up. They told me to buy a ticket for that domain. I bought a ticket for it (not cheap). Then after running around with them many times they told me that I should have bought the ticket for 揳t.mysite.net? So I bought another ticket for that domain. It still took them many tries to get to working and it foes not work for 搈ysite.net?like I told them I wanted it working for. I have to type 揳t.mysite.net?now. What it boils down to is that too many people are answering tickets and you never get the same persons answering tickets and I do not think the next person in line goes back and reads all the previous tickets in that thread. I still do not have the certificate working the way I want it working and the ticket for it was open for 1 ?weeks and then they closed the ticket without answering it or fixing it. I complaining about it and had it reopened and this is the response I got. 揥e will take care of this issue and get back to you as soon as possible? So I am wondering if I am in for another round of this with them. If they are going to screw it up then I would just as soon have them leave it the way it is. On a note if you can get Tris working on your ticket you can be assured it will get taken care of. Every time I have had Tris on a ticket he took care of it and when I had problems with tickets getting taken care of and I contacted Tris he took care of them. You should not have to have Tris do all the support tickets though. I guess what this boils down to is 搚ou get what you pay for? For $30 a month I probably should have realized I would not get much.I've had more or less the same experience. I expected more than I should have... but it's really cheap for their basic management.But I have to wonder if they shouldn't change their ticket system if a bunch of people are getting drop dead tickets (even the ones paying for better solutions). I've waited days before, and if I didn't do anything myself, I'm guessing I'd still have the open tickets to show.Once again same story for me to, I signed up and not long after I had a major problems with my server, when emailing them they said they would support openvz, however the problem took a long time to be solved, when it turned out to be a very simple problem.Then other issues that I sent in over the months of support provided by them slowly took longer and longer to answer, so instead of asking them to fix the problem I started fixing them myself, noticing I no longer needed them. But for the price there isn't much more you can expect. Infact Tris was the only good person I ever spoke to, it seemed that someone called John was the only person that ever answered my tickets, near the end I had a few different people but for the few months I was with them it was mainly John.Overall I wasn't very impressed, sometimes it was good, others it was very poor. But for the price I guess it wasn't bad. If your on a budget sure there brillant, but if not go that little bit further.Yes, I can also say the same. Seekadmin is very slow in responding to emergency tickets. When I first signed up, things were taken care of within hours. Now it takes around 12-24 hours (sometimes more) for emergency tickets. I was just using them for one of my VPS, nothing big. I could never put my clients under such low quality support staff, that's why I just wanted to try them out. Simple httpd issues they could not fix (I am no system admin, just wanted them to manage one of my personal VPS) and took hours for them to reply saying "fixed" when it really wasn't fixed, and my sites were still down.

I sent in only 1 ticket this month and that ticket took hours (almost close to one full day) for them to reply. Finally when I got a reply, they said "can't connect to the server" when clearly I gave them instructions on how to get into the vps. For the $25 I paid for this month, that's 1 non-resolved ticket for $25. Total rip-off IMO.I would like to add the nearly every issue I had with seeksadmin was fixed however it may have taken days in some cases. At the end like I said I fixed the problems myself, the reason I started doing this is because I was only sending one or two tickets in a month which for $25 isn't really worth it. So the odd problems with the servers I will fix myself normally in a matter of minutes not days. I also had a number of lost tickets at my time with seeksadmin.why are you all saying you shouldn't have expected much?? seeksadmin made the price, not you. seeksadmin listed what they offer, not you. as long as you don't expect 'more' than they offer, then they should provide exactly what they offer, no more and no less. if they want to make there price cheap, that does not give them to right to excuse bad service. ive used seeksadmin in the past and i wasnt satisfied at all, they do not even live up to half of what they offer, its ridiculous and i would never try them again

for example, if someone isnt satisfied with my own personal service, i cant say ''im cheap what do you expect'' lol, i made the price so i have to deliver what i offer.

i know plenty of cheap/reasonable priced server management companies that are good. theres no excuse at all for the way seeksadmin provides there serviceI'm not saying its an excuse, you just pay for what you get, its like paying for a car, you pay a lot and you get the full works, you don't pay much you can't really expect brillance.They say its 6 hours max reply which normally it is.I do agree with you frattay22 if they advertise it dosn't mean that they don't have to provide it well because of the price tag.But it tends to be for most things, the more you pay the better its going to be. Thats the point that i'm getting across and I think thats what other people are trying to do as well.i know plenty of cheap/reasonable priced server management companies that are good. theres no excuse at all for the way seeksadmin provides there service I would love you to provide some links to some of this management teams, since many people that have posted on this thread and probably looking at this thread want to move to another company.I don't expect a lot for USD25/month (hundreds of tickets per month or 5 min. responses). With another company I didn't submit any tickets for 3-4 months. I just pay money because I want to be sure that my server is secured/monitored and someone will be able to fix possible problems.But I can not believe that my server is monitored if I don't get any notice when my server is down... I can not believe that my server is secured if I even can not find programs like chrootkit, if Apache signatures show all possible information about my server, if direct root login isn't disabled etc, etc. Many things I can fix myself, but not everything.Propably it's better to order only initial server setup/securing at some "expensive" company and then to pay for hourly support if help needed...I never had problems with Seeksadmin... Response time was always below 15 minutes for emergency tickets.Seeksadmin has been amazing for me. Sometimes they are not the fastest, but they always get things done and done right.Seeks does not mention they provide Windows support. I'm surprised they took you on at all to be honest. If you need full managed Windows support, try someone like got-management.comhi there all! thank you for sharing your opinion and experience with me about the support problem i had with seeksadmin. i have to admit that i was realy suprised to see so many bad reviews for seeksadmin. in order to keep you updates, i kept the support with seeksadmin only for a windows server and facing a problem that took them many hours to solve i decided to move to accunett and i am satisfied till now ( i ll keep you informed if something changes). tell you the truth they told me also that the had a problem with their staff and they hoped to improve their service in the near future. for the time being i have no problems with the server i left to seeksadmin to manage.i think that someone from seeksadmin should answer to all those people as they did to me for all the posts i made. they should tell us their side of the story and apologise for any problems they caused and admit in order to improve their weekneses. i hope they will participate and give their opinion!!!!i think that someone from seeksadmin should answer to all those people as they did to me for all the posts i made. they should tell us their side of the story and apologise for any problems they caused and admit in order to improve their weekneses. i hope they will participate and give their opinion!!!!

We have pretty much grown to the point where our techs are swamped working 8+ hour shifts each. Unlike a server we can't just drop in some more ram, restart and be good. ;)

We have been training techs over in our Indian office that will be starting shortly. We also have a large amount of techs that will be starting shortly on another service of SeeksAdmin.

From what I see the primary problem is response time, which right now with the excessive loads still averages under our 6 hour window. Although, we're working diligently to bring back the 5-20 min responses, 30min-1hr resolution time we've built our reputation upon.

There will be some change to the pricing of our services. All current services will be locked into their pricing. We will still be highly affordable, but some price changes will be implemented with the release of the new SeeksAdmin.

We had a slight hard drive issue today. This is still being worked on, but the helpdesk is fully functional. SeeksAdmin will shortly be on a failover cluster solution to ensure you have access to your techs at all times.

If you have any problems at all please log into the helpdesk and submit a feedback ticket. Please look out for a client announcement later this week, which will announce the new features, staff profiles, new pricing, new website, slight policy/tos changes, etc.

If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me (ticket to management in the feedback department) or drop us a line - 877.397.SEEK - if you don't reach us leave a detailed message and we WILL get back to you.

Regards,

Steven

SeeksAdmin Management TeamBut if your techs are swamped to the point where you can't get work done, why do you continue to accept new orders?hi there all! thank you for sharing your opinion and experience with me about the support problem i had with seeksadmin. i have to admit that i was realy suprised to see so many bad reviews for seeksadmin. in order to keep you updates, i kept the support with seeksadmin only for a windows server and facing a problem that took them many hours to solve i decided to move to accunett and i am satisfied till now ( i ll keep you informed if something changes). tell you the truth they told me also that the had a problem with their staff and they hoped to improve their service in the near future. for the time being i have no problems with the server i left to seeksadmin to manage.
i think that someone from seeksadmin should answer to all those people as they did to me for all the posts i made. they should tell us their side of the story and apologise for any problems they caused and admit in order to improve their weekneses. i hope they will participate and give their opinion!!!!

It seems that you are now with accunett.

If you want to post a new review for them, please open a new thread.

Thanks,
Net