Seeksadmin or Platinumservermanagement? or someone else?

webmasterbeta

Hey guys Im just doing research for a mate of mine who is looking for a server management company, Who would you reccomend? Currently he is looking at seeksadmin and PSM What are your views on SA and PSM and is there anyone else youd reccomend? CheersGo to PSM only if you have Cpanel on your server, they do not support if you don't have Cpanel.It will be a cPanel serverjust another option is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jonesolutions.com/">http://jonesolutions.com/</a><!-- m --> , I am giving them a try now and so far its been great but its still the first week so we will see , I have tested platinumservermanagement and server support guys and will pick one of the three soon.I definitely recommend SeeksAdmin. Normally they take less than an hour to reply to your tickets, are very kind and courteous, get the job done right the first time, and take the time to explain to you what they did instead of "It's working now".We've been using PSM for over a year now and have been very happy with their service from day 1.
I say give them a try.I was with Platinum Server Management for over a year, then I also tried their dedicated servers at Coast Inc. which is basically the same company.

All I want to say right now is that I recommend Seeks Admin by far, I've been with them now for over 6 months and things are smooth, good response time, good service plus good on how they tread the customer.my votes for psm, i tried many others even seeksadmin and they dont even come closeI was with Platinum Server Management for over a year, then I also tried their dedicated servers at Coast Inc. which is basically the same company. I think you are mistaken. According to PSM, they are not offering servers or any such hosting offers. See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://platinumservermanagement.com/Facts.html">http://platinumservermanagement.com/Facts.html</a><!-- m --> for more informations ;)9) Compete with their own customers? Many companies that provide server management are really web hosting and/or dedicated server providers themself. Why would you pay your own competitor? Our company provides server management and monitoring exclusively, we do not compete with our own customers!Which one is correct?According to PSM, they are not offering servers or any such hosting offers.Perhaps it's not the OP who is mistaken, but you.Coastinc, their dns domain and PSM are all registered at tucows? Coincidence? Maybe, maybe notCoastinc, their dns domain and PSM are all at gnax. Again, coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.Coastinc, the dns domain and PSM are all on the same ROUTER @ gnax. Again, coincidence? Maybe, maybe notThe whois for Coastinc? HiddenThe whois for their dns domain? Points to New JerseyThe whois for their PSM domain? Points to New JerseyBoth whois point to different towns, yet, the very same zip code? Again, a minor coincidence? I don't knowThe coincidence's really start to add up here, and something, or someone DEFINITELY smells fishy.A bit more proof to the contrary:traceroute to platinumservermanagement.com (63.247.64.242), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets 1 208.101.41.97-static.reverse.softlayer.com (208.101.41.97) 77.510 ms 2.242 ms 143.497 ms 2 cer01-v51.da01.softlayer.com (66.228.119.225) 0.515 ms 0.530 ms 0.484 ms 3 xe-4-3.r03.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (157.238.228.9) 1.015 ms 0.520 ms 0.513 ms 4 * * xe-2-0-0.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.3.225) 1.094 ms 5 t8-3.mpd01.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.11.193) 0.505 ms 0.516 ms 1.096 ms 6 t4-2.mpd01.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.6.65) 1.207 ms 1.664 ms 1.419 ms 7 p13-0.core01.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.2.21) 1.175 ms 1.138 ms 1.125 ms 8 p13-0.core01.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com (66.28.4.98) 6.130 ms 6.156 ms 6.114 ms 9 p3-0.core01.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.5.90) 41.527 ms 42.148 ms 41.604 ms10 g0-1.na21.b019158-0.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com (66.250.8.238) 41.911 ms 41.781 ms 41.836 ms11 38.112.2.114 (38.112.2.114) 41.972 ms 41.670 ms 41.506 ms12 209.51.130.245 (209.51.130.245) 28.892 ms 28.952 ms 33.200 ms13 65.254.43.33 (65.254.43.33) 29.091 ms 29.072 ms 28.950 ms14 209.51.149.109 (209.51.149.109) 29.098 ms 29.036 ms 28.961 ms15 l3-atl-7.gnax.net (209.51.131.62) 29.300 ms 29.195 ms 29.296 ms16 hq.xyzdns.net (63.247.64.242) 29.191 ms 29.260 ms 29.531 ms Domain name: XYZDNS.NET Administrative Contact: Contact, Admin <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> 5601 Blvd E West New York, NJ 07093 US 8662004678 Technical Contact: Contact, Admin <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> 5601 Blvd E West New York, NJ 07093 US 8662004678I think we can take "coincidence" out of things now ;)To clarify things for you, here is what I just posted in another thread with the same discussion.--------------------------------------------Even if the same person owns a server management company and a server providing company, they are 2 separate businesses, so legally, PSM does not offer servers. They are run as 2 distinct businesses. They don't even try to combine the 2.I use their management services (PSM), and also use a server from their other business (Coastinc), and they are handled as 2 separate businesses.I have 2 separate businesses as well, hosting and photography, but my hosting business does not sell cameras. Photography has been used for web design jobs, but then it is treated as 2 different services and billed accordingly.Ethan offers both, but PSM does not offer servers.That's not an accurate statement at all.

The accurate statement is that PSM and the companies associated with it DO sell servers and shared hosting accounts. You can try to hide behind all the legal mumbo jumbo you want, but in the end, YES they DO sell these. Attempting to hide this (as they are doing) is just shady business practice. Attempting to make your COMPETITORS look bad while hiding this, again, is just shady (and improper) business practice.

Any way you slice it, PSM sells servers and hosting accounts through their companies. Like it, don't like it, it doesn't matter. However, DENYING this fact is a lie, a flat out, bold faced lie.

Oh, and for the record, if you read the other thread, you would see that they're NOT handled separately. Clients get billed as

Coast Internet Sol 000-0000000 NJ

Again, not separate in any way shape or form. They're just trying to be deceitful, dishonest and make their competition look bad on their websiteI have been with both PSM and Seeksadmin, based on my experience i would choose Seeksadmin any day coz they are efficient and dedicated to your server :)i tried many others even seeksadmin and they dont even come close

Hi frattay22. I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied. Would you mind dropping me a PM with your name so we could possibly address what went wrong. Not many unsatisfied clients, and those that were I know of. Your username doesn't ring any bells. :) Thanks.umm slightly offtopic,but whts wrong with a server management company providing servers?whts wrong with a server management company providing servers?
Not a thing.
In this case, the problem isn't that they're providing servers, but that they're publicly claiming they're superior to their competition because they don't compete with their customers (dedicated or shared).PSM deffo is one we use and are happy with... They're just trying to ... make their competition look bad ...And your purpose in this thread? :)And your purpose in this thread? :)
Correcting misinformation, nothing more.Correcting misinformation, nothing more.

As a common reader (sometimes poster), I really appreciate your posts linux-tech. Whether it is security tips, advice or 'correcting', your posts are very valuable to this board.

Thanks.I was planning on going with Platinumservermanagement and then I found out that they do not support servers with Raid. Now I am looking into Seeksadmin because they do support servers with Raid.I was planning on going with Platinumservermanagement and then I found out that they do not support servers with Raid.

This is not true. In my last reply to you, I explicitly said
"We will manage the server no matter what hardware is on there."

We have many customers that have all types of raid. What I explained to you over the phone and email regarding support for raid itself, is that usually there is software involved with the raid (ie: raid monitoring software, or a software raid config, etc) and we do not support the raid software.

We will still provide all of our server management service for the entire server though.I was planning on going with Platinumservermanagement and then I found out that they do not support servers with Raid. Now I am looking into Seeksadmin because they do support servers with Raid.

Hello attroll,
I think they do support raid because I have raid machines and they support and monitor some of them. They seem to be OK in terms of support and response to tickets (mind you there is a real 'economy' of words in their responses).

The thing that I would be concerned about (and am dealing with now), is the monitoring side of things. By way of experience, I had a machine down for most of the night a couple of days ago. PSM gave it a 'one shot' with the APC but then just left it until morning. When I looked in my 'monitoring instructions' they were shaved down from what I wrote to just a user/pass for the apc (same thing on my other machines -- shaved down instructions to just a user/pass).

I have used 5 different admin companies from WHT. All have been good. I haven't had any problems with any of them. This problem/downtime is ultimately my fault for counting on them when it is not part of their deal. The other admins would not have ignored a down machine all night, however, they are not as cheap as PSM. Also, the 'shaved down' versions of my monitoring instructions make me nervous about their monitoring.

I think PSM is good technically (from what I have heard and experienced) but in ten years I haven't had as much downtime as one night. I am going to keep them for technical issues on at least one machine but I have lost confidence in them with regard to monitoring. My advice from my experience is to MAKE SURE that you check your monitoring instructions carefully (and on a regular basis) if you are intending on using the PSM monitoring.

Hope this helps.Yes I need to correct my statement a little. As ServerManagement stated PSM will support the Raid but will not support the Raid software. With that in mind if I have the choice of two management companies and one supports the Raid software and one does not then I am leaning towards the one that does unless someone can change my mind?I'll put my vote behind PSM.Seems PSM and OP could not talk in english :)There is another thread about phone support. While the most will want the DC or hosting company to respond in the next minute and fix the problem in the 3rd, these phone calls have their downside: missunderstandings and time wasting.I like Platinumservermanagement. Jeff seems to do a good job.