Seach function, should adjust the number of characters allowed

Moegames

Probally be "very" ideal to change the seach engine in these forums to atleast minimum of two characters.

Example: Im looking for a pm plugin..i type in "pm" without the quotes and it wont allow me as its set to 4 characters.

Just a suggestion..i been running my own forums for 9 years now, its something i learned over the years that has come in quite handy once my userbase surpassed 100 members..i began to get pm's sent to me asking for this exact same thing..im sure it would probally be more benefitial in here as well.

bluescorpion

I agree 100% on that one. It's a pita. I end up going out to the search engine and entering my search criteria there with using your example PM + vbteam.info to get what I am trying to find.

I am guessing that a lot of operators don't know that parameter "Search Index Minimum Word Length" is in the vBulletin Setup Options. Indeed the default value is 4.

smartness

I am guessing that a lot of operators don't know that parameter "Search Index Minimum Word Length" is in the vBulletin Setup Options. Indeed the default value is 4.

lol! u guys think your smart! have you ever heard about a thing called Server High Load?

making the Minimum word length to 3, would increase the DB size, and the search would result in thousand of results!

we already talked on some threads about this!

the solution: a mod/plugin that allows searching of 3 terms words! but not all words, just the ones the admins allow on admin cp! example in vbteam the mos used would be Cyb :lol:

and excluding some words from the search, like rapidshare, megauload, vbulletin.com/org etc... common words

Hoxxy

Also You can add * to your search word which makes your 3 letter search a 4 letter
IE: if searching for cyb search for cyb*

bluescorpion

Hadn't thought anything about server load. Now it makes some sense to me. Thanks for the "wake up" and thanks for the * tip makes perfect sense now.

best, bluescorpion

aatkco

I Extremely Agree 4 Letters Is Very Long , It's Very Boring , I Was Searching For The Word " Bux " And I Got The Same message But In Another Forum For Nulled Scripts !!