[RESOLVED] Where do I put server side .php form files?

liunx

I'm a NewB adding .php Email form files (Download <!--more-->ed from hscripts.com/scripts/php/) to my website on a server (ivaluehost.com) which is suppose to support PHP.<br />
<br />
If the answer to my Title question is "it doesn't matter" then there's no need to read any farther than this - just please tell me that and I'll begin troubleshooting elsewhere.<br />
<br />
The mail form php files were Download <!--more-->ed with this file structure:<br />
>HFM_1_1<br />
>>HFM<br />
>>>color.php<br />
>>>mail.php<br />
>>>mailer.php<br />
<br />
note: one of these php files contains some JAVA (if that matters).<br />
<br />
My current website on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ivaluehost.com">http://www.ivaluehost.com</a><!-- m --> is setup like this:<br />
>Public.htm<br />
>>index.htm (home page)<br />
>>contact.html (w/button that points to formEmailPage.html page)<br />
>>formEmailPage.html<br />
>> _private <br />
>> _vti_bin <br />
>> _vti_cnf<br />
>> _vti_log <br />
>> _vti_pvt<br />
>> _vti_txt <br />
>> cgi-bin <br />
<br />
I see nothing within any of the three Download <!--more-->ed .php email form files that points to anything so will the server be able to find them no matter what directory they are executed in or what that directorys name is?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->Welcome to the forum.<br />
<br />
Assuming your form uses something like:<br />
<form name="contact_form" action="feedback.php" method="post"><br />
then feedback.php should be in your route directory. But there is no reason why you could not put it in a directory, say "myfeedback". Your html would then have to read:<br />
<form name="contact_form" action="myfeedback/feedback.php" method="post"><!--content-->Thank a million Kiwibrit! The first example is exactly how the file reads. I'll drop them into the root and give it a click. Thanks again!<br />
<br />
oops! that opened another question. Do I point my button at the php file that contains the script that you mentioned above? That sounds logical so I'll try that next.<br />
<br />
btw.. I used to live at the Sculthorpe RAF base near Kings Lynn, Norfolk, Fakenham, East Runton (North East 'hip') between 1956 and 1959 - back when the fog was really thick and the pennys were bigger than our silver dollars.<!--content-->PROBLEM SOLVED exactly as you stated! Thanks again kiwibrit!<!--content-->