[RESOLVED] website sizes

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
I have my fluid website (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.foremostgroups.com/dev/2007corporate/index.html">http://www.foremostgroups.com/dev/2007c ... index.html</a><!-- m -->) set up to be 85% the width of the viewport, and the site looks fine in most standard resolution/monitor size setups. I designed it for a 1024x768 res on a 19" monitor.<br />
<br />
Anyway, like I said, the site looks fine on most displays, but I hate the look and feel of it on larger resolutions and larger screens (widescreen in particular). Take a look at the attached image to see what I'm talking about. The text is entirely too wide, and the thing is a horizontally stretched mess.<br />
<br />
Does anyone have any ideas to make it look better on high res/widescreen displays?<br />
<br />
Thanks for any help.<!--content-->i'm sorry? whats the problem with the widescreen display? i think that your site holds up well under high resolutions, if you want it to not get stretched, then use a fixed width....i don't know what you're talking about, the picture you showed is far from a 'horizontally stretched mess'<!--content-->i guess that i'm referring to the width of the text...<br />
<br />
it seems way to wide and the height of the page too short in high res. I guess that's just because of the lack of content though.<br />
<br />
your site holds up well under high resolutions, if you want it to not get stretched, then use a fixed width....i don't know what you're talking about, the picture you showed is far from a 'horizontally stretched mess'<br />
<br />
i just really wanted someone else's opinion, and that's all i needed to hear.<br />
<br />
thanks aj_nsc.<!--content-->High resolution wide screens can be a bit of a pain for that - you could set a maximum width :#container {<br />
width:85%;<br />
max-width: 1200px;<br />
text-align:left;<br />
float:none;<br />
margin:0 auto;<br />
}<br />
You will need to use a script to get that to work in IE6, though.<!--content-->thanks Centauri,<br />
<br />
i may consider this type of solution in the near future, right now I think it'll stay as is.<br />
<br />
and i'm sure that it would be simple enough to find an IE6 workaround.<br />
<br />
thanks again, guys.<!--content-->