[req]Username Request 1.0.8

DEViANT

Introduction
I was looking through the Modification Requests forum here and found a pretty good idea. The basic idea was to add a list of users who would like a name change for the administrators. I added the basics and released it. In consecutive versions I have added the abilities and features you have requested and this is the product. It is morphing into a more powerful, more useful system each and every version.

The Tools

User Tools
Inside the User Control Panel, there is an area that is added where a user is given the ability to submit a username that they would like their name changed to. They receive PM updates depending upon the "status" of their request, whether it is Accepted or Rejected.

Administrative Tools
As soon as a request is added to the database, the specified administrator is sent an e-mail saying that a user would like a username request. Inside the Administrators Control Panel, a new section is added under the "Users" navigation tab, that lists all the "Pending" requests with the ability to "Reject" or "Approve" the request. A user will be notified via PM when an action is taken. When a username is approved, the system will automatically change the username.

Username History
This tool will list all username changes that a user has requested. It will also display the status of the request, meaning that if you reject it, this will be displayed. This tool will be built upon in a later version.

Username History Changes:
In the next version, the status of a username change request has been revamped and no longer includes hard-coded "Accepted", "Rejected", and "Requested" status values. More information will be given at the release of v1.1.0!

Requirements
This hack has several requirements. They include:

* vBulletin v3.6.6 or higher (This is the minimum version required for the next requirement)
* The usercp_nav_bottom template hook.

To get around the second requirement, you can copy the cell manually or add $template_hook[usercp_navbar_bottom] at the end of the User Control Panel navigation.

Installation
Installing the product is easy. Just follow these steps:

1. Upload Files into your Administrators Control Panel directory.
2. Import the product through the Product Manager.
3. Click Install Here

Known Bugs:

1. No e-mail is sent out to users upon username change. Fix: The next version will include a fix that will respect all the users settings on receiving e-mail from administrators.
2. The setting for PM sender was ignored within the code and uses the userid of the administrator who changed the username through the administration back-end. Fix: In the next version, revamped settings and improved back-end will now properly use a setting similar to this.

Big Thanks!
I would like to give a big thanks to Paul M for helping me with my stupid mistakes in v1.0.4 - v1.0.6! Now all of my mistakes should be taken care of (unless I made a mistake in the disallowed if statement). Thanks Paul!

I would also like to say thanks to Marco for pointing out a possible SQL Injection that was in v1.0.4 - v1.0.6 (It was inside the ACP, and used a wrong variable name / clean type).

Final Remarks
I hope that you will enjoy this product as much as I enjoyed making it.

There yah go :)

text text text