[REQ]Updated Default Selectable Postbit mod

Therecoil

here you go and this is my 1st share so i hope you like :D

vBulletin Version Compatibility

This hack can be used with v3.6.10 and v3.7.x. This has not been tested with earlier versions of v3.6.x, but should work.

What Does This Hack Do?

This is a hack that lets your members select the type of postbit they want displayed for themselves, just like here at vBulletin.org.

vBulletin now uses a horizontal postbit as default, but it used to display the postbit vertically in two columns (see screenshots) and some long time members prefer the old school postbit over the new one, and this hack gives them the option. You can leave the forum wide setting as the new postbit, and members can choose themselves if they want this or the old one.

Show single posts will also be affected by this setting.

Now, as an added bonus, you can choose to display the member's default postbit in posts or threads.

DEMO: You can see how this works by testing the function out right here at vBulletin.org, all you need to do is tick the Yes, I prefer old-style postbit checkbox in the Thread Display Options of User CP -> Edit Options. Then check a few threads to see what it does.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This hack will only work if you use the horizontal postbit display site-wide.
I have no plans in making it work with the postbit legacy site-wide. I have looked into it, and it would require code changes to vBulletin's core files to make it work.

So, under the Style & Language Settings section of vBulletin Options in the AdminCP:
Ensure Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template is set to No.

Installation Instructions

The Default Postbit Installation Instructions 3.7.xxx.pdf instructions file is included in attached .zip (includes visual instructions).
NOTE: If upgrading then just do Step 2 and Step 3 again.

Version History

v3.7.002 - Thursday 4th September 2008
-- Fixed: Bug where keywords being searched for were not being highlighted in the results
-- Changed: Total code rewrite
-- Changed: Instructions
-- Changed: Screenshots
-- Changed: No more editing of plugins
-- Added: AdminCP Options for user profile field ID and displaying members default postbit in post/thread
-- Added: 2 new phrases

v3.7.001 - Tuesday 8th July 2008
-- Initial Release