[REQ] eXaltic skin Venise for 3.7.x

mrjukic

sweety said:
They haven't ported any of their skins to 3.7 yet, you will need to wait or convert it over yourself like i have done with several 3.6 styles.

I am new to all this, and dont know how to do it by myself, if some1 will have time and will to convert this skin for 3.7 it will be realy realy nice...

Sorry for my Bad english:-(

Best regards to all

bigbruiser said:
any chance of a tutorial on converting skins from 3.6.8 to 3.7.0 RC 3

Import the 3.6 theme in to your 3.7 board, then on your admincp main page it tells you what templates need to be updated. You need to do a "Compare" on each template and make note of the differences between the 2 versions.

You need to "revert" your 3.6 template which makes it 3.7, then apply the style code from your original 3.6 to the new 3.7 one in the correct places.

mrjukic

sweety said:
They haven't ported any of their skins to 3.7 yet, you will need to wait or convert it over yourself like i have done with several 3.6 styles.

look like now they got all skins rdy for 3.7 si is now any chance that some1 can get this skin? Tnx a lot:)

here is link to site eXaltic - Viewing Skins

mrjukic

bump:)
P.S.
i need this skin... if some1 got it and can share it that will be wery wery nice...

Best regards to all!

Filez

Import the 3.6 theme in to your 3.7 board, then on your admincp main page it tells you what templates need to be updated. You need to do a "Compare" on each template and make note of the differences between the 2 versions.

You need to "revert" your 3.6 template which makes it 3.7, then apply the style code from your original 3.6 to the new 3.7 one in the correct places.

That is part of it but what was not mentioned is all the work you have to do and the code re-write..as now most of them do not come with the new functions. Custom skins are not that easy they can be done with a lil bit of work...most of them I have ran into require a minium of 12 template edits with new code need to be written in as most of the time the 3.6 code your putting back in does not jive.

So remember this when you request a skin to be ported and when you ask for a skin to be ripped which even takes longer due to the photoshop, codeing etc. If someone is gracious enough to do it then acknowledge them.

Sorry Mods just tired of seeing all the begging and no one giving anything back..not even a thanks.