Remove links From Nav Bar?

betty02

Ok my current nav bar has the following links

User CP FAQ ChatBox Full Community Calendar Classifieds New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

I want to remove FAQ, Log Out, Calander, User CP, New Posts as i currently have other buttons for them, and want to change ChatBox Full to Shoutbox.

Ive been into the navbar template yet can't find anything for the chatbar or know what to and what not to delete!

Thanks!

bluescorpion

Don't know which chat you are running but it if its typical, its buried in one of the plugins for the chat system

if you running the cyb chat, look for $cybcb_navbarlink. If you change that line to

PHP:
$cybcb_navbarlink= '';

the link should go away...

betty02

Im confused? last message doesn;t make sence?

before.jpg

Basically heres how my forum looks, as you can see i have links already to Home, FAQ etc so need to get rid of them from the nav bar? i am using CBY shoutbox too but can't seam to find the bits you mentioned!

Scenekids

Go to the HTML Template - NavBar and search for:

Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->

Scroll down and you will see it again within that section you will see coding. That is pretty much your navibar. So get the first

Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->
highlight all the way to the bottom until you see
Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->
again. Delete save HTML Template. Menu will be removed.

bluescorpion

Scenekids said:
Go to the HTML Template - NavBar and search for:

Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->

Scroll down and you will see it again within that section you will see coding. That is pretty much your navibar. So get the first

Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->
highlight all the way to the bottom until you see
Code:
<!-- nav buttons bar -->
again. Delete save HTML Template. Menu will be removed.

THAT is NOT AT ALL what the question is ... She will delete the whole navbar using these bogus instructions, if you don't have a clue, don't make others clueless too ... very bad...

bluescorpion

bluescorpion said:
Nevermind, I found the disable in vboptions for cyb-chat:

Automatically add link to ChatBox to NavBar set to NO

Follow the correct instructions, go to the admincp->vboptions-> cyb-chat, the LAST item in the list is Automatically add link to ChatBox to Navbar, set it to NO save it and it should be gone from the navbar menu... HTH

betty02

Thanks BS, i got rid of the chat box link from the nav bar, how do i get rid of the rest of the wants i don't want?

bluescorpion

betty02 said:
Thats BS, i got rid of the chat box link from the nav bar, how do i get rid of the rest of the wants i don't want?

HUH? well DUH! Why did you post an image and where did you say you removed the chat link... you need to get a grip... and stop wasting people's time. Post you damn Navbar code if you want people to help you and BE SPECIFIC about what you request. The ONLY BS here is YOU.

bluescorpion

bluescorpion said:
THAT is NOT AT ALL what the question is ... She will delete the whole navbar using these bogus instructions, if you don't have a clue, don't make others clueless too ... very bad...

Scenekids, I apologize to you for this, YOU were right on track the dimwit that was making the request was off the wall. Sorry for the unnecessary rocket.

betty02

Chill! A quote from my original post...

betty02 said:
Ok my current nav bar has the following links

User CP FAQ ChatBox Full Community Calendar Classifieds New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

I want to remove FAQ, Log Out, Calander, User CP, New Posts as i currently have other buttons for them, and want to change ChatBox Full to Shoutbox.

Ive been into the navbar template yet can't find anything for the chatbar or know what to and what not to delete!

Thanks!

makes sence to me? Now do you want me to post my navbar code or not?

EDIT: My post read thats BS, it was meant to read Thanks BS - BS for BlueScorpion - Sorry for any confusion!

betty02

Managed to do it now anyway, thanks to everyone for there help and again an apology to bluescorpion for my typo!

bluescorpion

What a Riot! I read it That's BS... LOL Unbelievable, need to get my specs checked!

All the ones you want to remove are there in the Navbar Template.

Style Manager->Edit Templates-> (expand Navigation/Breadcrumb)->Navbar

You can follow the instructions to remove the whole navbar, per scenekid OR

Find:

HTML:
<if condition="$show['member']">
			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
		</if>

Delete

HTML:
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a rel="help" href="faq.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="5">$vbphrase[faq]</a></td>

Delete

HTML:
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>

Delete

HTML:
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout&logouthash=$bbuserinfo[logouthash]" onclick="return log_out('$vbphrase[sure_you_want_to_log_out]')">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>

Delete

HTML:
<if condition="$show['member']">
				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
				<else />
				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
				</if>

Delete

Don't worry about deleting them, you can always get them back if you want just by creating a new style with no parent. Then you can copy them back where ever you want them.

HTH