RackSpace Sales

webmasterbeta

Hello,

Recently i had wierd expirience with RackSpace sale.
My firewall si blocks java/pop up windows and i couldnt enter their chat room.
I have emailed sales and my email was auto rejected.
I had to turn off my firewall to enter the chat and asked for the quote there.
Their rep asked me whether if i have been n contact with anyone else from RackSpace in past and i said yes,a few months ago i have talked to someone.
What happened next is something wierd.
"Ok,then you should talk to that person only."
I said that i need quote for new server and wont search my archives to find out with whom i have talked a few months ago and the reply was "Ok,then we cant help you"

Thats funy,out of many managed companies i have worked with in past,i have never faced such a wierd pre/sale support.

Good luck to them :eek:Mods please edit the typo in title...and the ones throughout the post. While our sales operation isn't structured like that, this practice is fairly common in many industries. sales is all about the commission and, most buyers, realize that and stick with the sales guy they have.Thats one side of the case,but the other side is that the customer must archive the data and then if he ever contact the company again,he should get info from archive before he contact them.
I have had expirience with many hosting companies including some top managed hosts and never seen such a practice.
After all thats their problem how do they manage to pay commission to their employees.This is what happens when different sales reps are quoting different prices for the same service. My past experience is that you can bargain with rackspace for prices, which tells me that they don't have a price list with one firm price. Different customers get different prices for the same service.Thats one side of the case,but the other side is that the customer must archive the data and then if he ever contact the company again,he should get info from archive before he contact them.I think customers should not have to search through archive to look at their last conversation they had with sales. A hosting company should maintain their archives and look up a prior conversation a customer had. :eek:This is what happens when different sales reps are quoting different prices for the same service. My past experience is that you can bargain with rackspace for prices, which tells me that they don't have a price list with one firm price. Different customers get different prices for the same service.

It's not really the customer, it's the sales person. They make commission on their sales, whether they want to make $10 or $100, that's up to them.I told them NO last time i have contacted them,should i go thru this wierd procedure once again ?

I guess no and they better find out the way to track sales than ask customers to keep records in archive forever just in case..You'd think that they would have a database that kept all these records, and all they'd have to do would be to ask you for your name so they can pull up the record? Strange that they don't have this.I very much doubt a company of RackSpace's size does not have a CRM tool... they probably do but the sales agent in question didn't know to use it.DanRackspace?I have ever contacted them for a biz solution that I require a proposal for final solution that I could make. However, their sales haven't replied although we have agreed that point. If they don't work with proposal, they should inform to me. I feel I waste my time and I never want to work with them. As I told to their online support: "How much money is not important, the importance is how the their services comes to customers". But they don't understand^___^Some of them are pretty rude, they transfer you to another agent without notice.Any customer or potential should be dealt with in a professional manner. If they have the details of your previous encounter then they should handle that internally. Keeping track is their job not the customers.In most sales related businesses there is a common practice to deal with this. Sales people can't work 24 hours a day so of course a customer they may have spoke to will return with more questions or ready to make the purchase. In that case the split of commissions normally depends on the structure but in most cases a simple 50/50 split is done.The important thing is taking care of the customer or potential customers needs as soon as possible.Good Luckhmm is rackspace really worth the price?Why don't you just tell them that you haven't contacted them before and get the quote you wanted, if that's what you wanted. Their concerns can be a few things (such as contradicting each other) but since you aren't really concerned about that, just ask them like a new contact, and see what you get. I know it's not totally truthful, but it gets to your objective.If i knew what will happen before i have answered that question honestly,i would have answered the other way.Sales team would have been mentioned certain guidelines and they cannot break the procedure. i would say you mail their tech department.Why don't you just tell them that you haven't contacted them before and get the quote you wanted, if that's what you wanted. Their concerns can be a few things (such as contradicting each other) but since you aren't really concerned about that, just ask them like a new contact, and see what you get. I know it's not totally truthful, but it gets to your objective.

.... and if that's ever found out - then the rep that made the sale gets the sale charged back to him and it goes to the rep that made original contact. Genius. What a way to start a relationship with a company :|.Well I guess he can just not start the relationship then. Take your pick, genius.Well is Rackspace worth the price ???? We we actually have 6 servers @ rackspace and 2 servers under Touch Support management. We upgraded those 2 servers to Plesk 8.1.1 and had tragic post upgrade issues with PHP. Touch Support (after 12 hours of work) could not do anything... Of course they installed previously non rpm php files on a rpm system based... Waoaaawww.... Rackspace worked more than 12 hours non-stop (yes we were 12 hours non stop with a level 3 engineer on the phone) for resolve our issue. Ir Rackspace worth was we pay yes... as they say... it s more about support !I've just asked Rackspace about a dedicated managed and they not only sent me a couple of email requesting more details, they sent me a detailed proposal and call me to my country putting on the phone a seller speaking my native language.I've been contacting and working with several webhosting providers over the USA for 7 years and is the first time some of these enterprises show this level of concern about a potential customer that owns a little business.I think they should worth the price.I've just asked Rackspace about a dedicated managed and they not only sent me a couple of email requesting more details, they sent me a detailed proposal and call me to my country putting on the phone a seller speaking my native language.This shows how small gestures by a business can win customers. :agree: May I ask which country you are from?Well is Rackspace worth the price ????

We we actually have 6 servers @ rackspace and 2 servers under Touch Support management. We upgraded those 2 servers to Plesk 8.1.1 and had tragic post upgrade issues with PHP. Touch Support (after 12 hours of work) could not do anything... Of course they installed previously non rpm php files on a rpm system based... Waoaaawww....

Rackspace worked more than 12 hours non-stop (yes we were 12 hours non stop with a level 3 engineer on the phone) for resolve our issue.

Ir Rackspace worth was we pay yes... as they say... it s more about support !

Maybe,i didnt used there tech support so i cant jidge,but my post is about sales not tech support.I'm from Chile, SouthAmerica.hii have hosted a site with rackspace for last one year and yes they r one of the most rude company. For an average site you dont require Rackspace kinda stuff. One of the funny thing about rackspace is that it is better to be a new client than a old client.