Rack911 is slow... waste of time

admin

Administrator
Staff member
They'll probably reason to this post cause they don't see to have time to answer support tickets or complete them. I put in a support ticket on the Jan 1st, (there system shows the 2nd but my email confirm is the 1st) fast reply back say sure we can do the installation job. I created a login for them and waited. Later I received an email from my server saying someone logged into my server, went to check and it was rack911. Great, they're going to start work ... NOT! 12hrs later account still logged into my server nothing installed. Finally decided to boot the user off and remove the account I created for the install. I did a few security scans and had my datacenter check a few things to make sure nothing was backdoored on my server...

anyway, wasted 3 days for there supposely highly recommended service when i could of went else where. i don't like bs companies, if your work load is to much make a note of it. people in the web service business always have excuses for something. I don't know what rack911's excuse will be but frankly I've heard them all from programmers, designers and support people.

You have time to post on here but don't have time to do my install :crazy:

p.s. if anyone can recommend a decent admin service that can do an install within 24hr or less please let me know.Do you have a ticket id?I've worked with Steven on several different projects and haven't ever had problems receiving a response from him via his ticket system.Can't say the same for many other providers though!Must agree, Steven has just decided to completely start ignoring me lately, and he did know me on a personal basis. Interestingly enough this happened just after I'd paid him for some work he did aswell.Steven has lots of skill but unfortunately not in the organisation or interpersonal sense. Entirely your choice, but sorry to say it Steven, you have offended me.DanSteven has done a good deal amount of work for us. All the work has been prompt. He's on MSN 24x7 more or less and can easily get hold of him if I need anything done. He did refuse payment from us before on several occasions. He always insists on doing the work first, ensuring client is happy and then receiving payment...Great guy and surprised to see people having problems. But with all businesses, you are bound to have some dissatisfied customers..If you're on a cPanel server, you may want to give PlatinumServerManagement.com a try as well...ah.....Platinum Server Management? How about using Touch Support? I have used both companies for monitoring and reboots since I am unable to sit in front of my laptop 24/7. Talk to Dave a touch support they'll help you install what you need and take care of you. Not saying Platinum Server Management isn't bad if you抮e running a personal server; however, if you were dissatisfied with Steve you might be dissatisfied with PSM.They'll probably reason to this post cause they don't see to have time to answer support tickets or complete them. I put in a support ticket on the Jan 1st, (there system shows the 2nd but my email confirm is the 1st) fast reply back say sure we can do the installation job. I created a login for them and waited. Later I received an email from my server saying someone logged into my server, went to check and it was rack911. Great, they're going to start work ... NOT! 12hrs later account still logged into my server nothing installed. Finally decided to boot the user off and remove the account I created for the install. I did a few security scans and had my datacenter check a few things to make sure nothing was backdoored on my server...

anyway, wasted 3 days for there supposely highly recommended service when i could of went else where. i don't like bs companies, if your work load is to much make a note of it. people in the web service business always have excuses for something. I don't know what rack911's excuse will be but frankly I've heard them all from programmers, designers and support people.

You have time to post on here but don't have time to do my install :crazy:

p.s. if anyone can recommend a decent admin service that can do an install within 24hr or less please let me know.

always use the search feature when chosing any provider, Steve does really know his stuff but these threads pop up just about every other month.acctman, I am still waiting on a ticket id. I want to get to the bottom of who you are.ah.....Platinum Server Management? How about using Touch Support? I have used both companies for monitoring and reboots since I am unable to sit in front of my laptop 24/7. Talk to Dave a touch support they'll help you install what you need and take care of you. Not saying Platinum Server Management isn't bad if you抮e running a personal server; however, if you were dissatisfied with Steve you might be dissatisfied with PSM.

I second touchsupport, awesome support and great tech team. :agree:Steven at Rack911 has been great for us in the past, with under 2 min response times (and he had the requested work completed in the next hour).Steven at Rack911 has been great for us in the past, with under 2 min response times (and he had the requested work completed in the next hour).

guess you were lucky. definitely won't recommend them to anyone. even after complaining in the post today, my install still hasn't been attempt or done. oh well, moving on to a better company.If you give Steven your ticket number like he asked, I'm sure he would be able to provide more details on this.If you give Steven your ticket number like he asked, I'm sure he would be able to provide more details on this.

I PM'ed steven the ticket # earier today. He replied back with a reason for the delay, I responded minutes later and haven't heard back since. I could understand his reasoning but he never bothered to update my ticket with a reply after I posted asking why they've been on my server for 12hrs without installing the mod i request.

my biggest gripe with people in the web service business is that they don't take what the do seriously. anyone can start a net company but you can't just leave a customer waiting around a simple reply is all i ask. it happens with designers and programmers a lot they just feel that its okat to blow people off of not contact them. I can understand if business is doing great and the work load is to much but how about creating a work query so people know how many jobs are ahead and an estimated time before their job starts.Ive used rack911 on a few occasions, always does a good job and does it in a timely manner. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.I don't know guys. Everyonce in a while I need a hand with something and he is usually available and gets it done. You are right that these threads keep popping up. I think its that he is in high demand and right after an install request comes along maybe he got me saying HELP THE _______________ is down and I can't fix the %(&@#(%@&n thing so he moves on to the emergency ticket or something I don't know. I do know I have always been happy with his work.I must say, if anyone contacts me on the 1st Jan, they can expect to hear something along the lines of "ooh my poor head, now go away, quietly." :)Maybe I am lucky, all the jobs he had done for me are excellent and top notched. From upgrading of kernel to clearing of root kits, he did all of them perfectly, with extreme attention to details.I've had Steve do work for me and It's been of the highest order without exceptionI can recommend Rack911.TS are great, but their price reflects it, if you're on a tight budget for management, go with PSM, I use them and I think they're great!guess you were lucky. definitely won't recommend them to anyone. even after complaining in the post today, my install still hasn't been attempt or done. oh well, moving on to a better company.

How could they possibly complete your install/ticket if you have removed the user account? Things do happen, sometimes there are delays.. do you think its nessecary to make a post about this situation? Maybe another chance would change your mind... Good luck!Try Tom at linux-tech.net - that guy is extremely professional and knows what he's doing. Not just a "read a linux book and messed around with servers for a couple of years" either...he truly knows his stuff.--TinaTry Tom at linux-tech.net - that guy is extremely professional and knows what he's doing. Not just a "read a linux book and messed around with servers for a couple of years" either...he truly knows his stuff.

--Tina

I agree, he is a good choicehad steve do some work for me a couple years back. he was very efficient and helped me out loads.

went back to hire him again as i felt comfortable with his work. someone was logged into SSH for a long time, but no work was done, and I never heard back from him.

luckily we weren't charged for nothing being done, so i wasn't upset, but i did find it odd that they took on the job and abandoned it. it was for server hardening, no malicious cleanup, system was virtually new.

i think he/they do good work, when they do the work. i suppose communication skills could be stronger.Do you have a ticket id?

This shows the sincierity of the service, i have not use their service but the reply down here to this thread shows.... i hope so the problems may get solved.I referred the client to someone else. He mentioned earlier that he submitted a ticket asking why I had been in the server for 12 hours with no work done. Its pretty hard to do work (more so when it requires a lot of compiling) when the load is over 25.0. I was waiting for a less load period. A few holiday emergency tickets came in, one with a hard drive failure and a rooted server (when if reallllyy required I could maybe get them to come and vouch, i would rather not bother them however), and this as basically put on the back burner. I thought I had updated him but I guess not.The issue(s) surrounding this thread were resolved a while ago. If anyone wants to start their own discussions regarding Rack911, feel free. But let's let this thread go.