Question about NO SCRIPT?

<br />
I just installed NO SCRIPT for Mozilla Firefox but I have two dumb questions What is Script? Like I went to a site and the script was blocked can I still use the site with the script blocked?<br />

ComputerGuy

Script is a way to make a webpage do something special, for example, when you hover over an image, and it changes, or a button, that is javaScript. Yes, the site should still be functional.

crossroad

Script are language or codes that are embedded in to the html (web pages are made using html), some viruses can be attach to scripts, when firefox blocks the script, it doesn't mean that it is a virus, it is only telling you that it is a script and can contain virus or malicious content so it is up to you if you want to go with it.

klpd_maaronga

Most of your Qns can be answered here http//noscript.net/faq
But for the ones you asked Script normally refers to programing laguage codes like VBScript or Javascript. Websites use a lot of Javascript, which the browsers read, like say to test & report which browser you are using, what version of flash players etc. Some scripts can be malicious. No Script blocks all scripts from running.
So the site may still work but with reduced functionality..
However you could allow parts of a script/object to run..