Putting up new sites without getting de-indexed from Google?

logicaldeath

I have a new set of template for my website which forces me to change all the available pages i currently have i.e. start from scratch. <br />
<br />
I need to know how I can put up my new site to my webhost without having my old site taken down and getting de-indexed. <br />
<br />
(Google rankings plays an important part to my website as my website is purely online and getting de-indexed means losing my revenue)<br />
<br />
1) Do I just simply redirect my domain to the new page? <br />
2) What will happen to the old pages that are currently indexed in Google?<br />
2.1) Will the old pages still overshadow the new pages once the latter gets indexed?<br />
3) How do I redirect to my new site? Simply forward the domain name to the new page? Do I have to do anything else?<br />
<br />
Your help is greatly appreciated...<br />

amjadkhan

Are you trying to change the layout only or the website address too.
If it is only Layout (Design) then you simply upload the new design pages (but the name of the pages should be same as it was before) googlebot will index in next crawl. nothing else you have to do.

If you want to change the filenames as well then it will be a problem to get ranking for those new pages.
If you want to use redirects, 301 is best as it is also search engine friendly.