PSM Majorly Sucks... Just Kidding!

webmasterbeta

Just Kidding :D

In all actuality, PSM is the best server management provider that I've ever worked with. And, that is definitely saying something since I have used my share of different server management providers.

I have used Platinum Server Management for the past 6 months. In those 6 months, I've submitted close to 250 tickets. All of my nearly 250 tickets were answered in a timely manner. I cannot remember *any* technical support issue going unanswered more than 3 hours. Their staff is prompt, professional, and polite (the 3 most important P's in support). Each ticket I submit is read completely (something not many providers do) and everything I ask to be done is done without having to reopen the ticket. That type of service is hard to find!

I've only had a couple issues with their service in the 6 months I've been with them. However, each issue was resolved after simply submitting a ticket to the "Feedback" department to get further explanation or clarification. Ethan takes great pride in his company and will do anything he can to make sure his customers are happy. It's never taken more than a simple clarification from Ethan to resolve any issues I had with their service.

If you have a cPanel server, do not hesitate to signup with PSM. Don't be fooled by people that say "you get what you pay for" because those are people who have never used PSM. For $29/month/server, they go well above and beyond their call of duty to make sure their customers are happy. I've paid $75/month before for service that I was not satisfied with -- so this is a real bargain. Great service with a great price tag.Have to agree here, they've been great for us in the short while we've been using them.i agree as well, psm provides outstanding service, especially for there price. even if they charged more, it would be excellent, but like i said, especially for there price, even makes them betterI have to agree.

:)You really should ask a mod to change that heading. I know you explained it in the post as said just kidding. But this site gets indexed by google and someone searching for info on PSM might see only the header that they suck and read no more losing them a sale because of your joke. If you really like them then you will at least consider that.I agree, they have been great.That header can be a problem when it comes to indexing or even for the case where someone sees the thread listing but doesn't go to the thread. I imagine you choose that header so those who agree with it will come here then read the truth, but it can cause confusion. Your post is true though. PSM does give great service at an affordable price. You definitely get your money's worth. I've been using them now for 2 years and have never been disappointed. I haven't tried any of the more expensive options yet because I've had no need to. They take care of my needs just fine. :)I suppose with so many happy customers, now it will be interesting to watch and see if they can maintain their excellent levels of service.

Its one thing getting to the top, its another thing altogether staying there!

Good luck PSM and keep the great work up!

:)Nick

As mentioned, you need to contact a moderator to have them change the title of this post. WHT does a great job of showing up in google searches. If they have done their best to help you it would be great for you to help them out on this.

Maybe "PSM review" would be better for them, and still get the reads.My studies have found that the posts that say that a company sucks get more views than one that says they are great. Everyone looks for the bad news :)I agree with Nick, keep the heading -- people will then LOOK to find out why and be pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I came here to BASH you for saying they sucked... you had me fooled. I absolutely agree -- PSM rules!You really should ask a mod to change that heading. I know you explained it in the post as said just kidding. But this site gets indexed by google and someone searching for info on PSM might see only the header that they suck and read no more losing them a sale because of your joke. If you really like them then you will at least consider that.Ha ha, Yeah man. You might wanna do that cause say I was looking for a server managment company and I decided to google them, that is probably one of the first things that would come up.Since you are so happy with them Id report the post for editing if I was you.LOL, thats true Nick ! BTW, how is their "New Server Setup" procedure ? Do they just run scripts to setup things or will they check each and every detail to make sure everything is alright ?I like ServerWizards the best, they are pro-active, something which PSM is not. But for you all, a few minutes of downtime won't make a difference.PSM has been nothing but great to us. I've tried a few other server management companies (whom I wont name out of professionalism) and none of them compare to PSM. They have always gone above and beyond for my company and I have no plans of ever changing companies.I sent PSM several sale questions and they answered quickly... but after 5 or 6 questions they stopped replying even to my question "why you're not replying"... That's really NOT professional (ServerWiz replied to all of my presale questions without playing mute).I do believe their sales team is not around 24 hours a day. This support is, but not sales.

It took over a day for me to get an answer to a sales question once.

:)I'm waiting for thier answer for about two weeks now :)I'm waiting for thier answer for about two weeks now :)
Try calling them at the # on their site. I've called at 2 AM and gotten an answer.Ethan over at PSM runs a tight ship and handles most of the sales himself as he enjoys meeting new potential clients.Ethan is very friendly and the whole team is great.There isn't a better deal to be had for your hard earned $29I had a bad experience regarding mounting a hard drive... but other than that, they've been good and I would actually hire them again to set up a new server.We have now been with PSM for approx 2.5 years and cannot express enough our gratitude to their professional service. All our support request , whether they are via email, ticket or phone have been delt with in a high professional manner. We totally rely on PSM for all our support needs. 10/10 rating. PSM is "KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK".I would also agree that the title should change, it looks bad and it actually hurts PSM, they were better off without this threadI would also agree that the title should change, it looks bad and it actually hurts PSM, they were better off without this thread
I spoke to Ethan at PSM and he thinks it was a good idea as well.I didn't click on this thread till today. Till now I thought it was a mega trash thread.

A joke which is really not funny. At all.So it's been about 8 months since this great PSM post. How are they now?im still just as happy as i was back then, it just amazes me how they offer there service at such a low price and still be goodStill good here. My only complaint is when I ask for details about what has been done I get vague responses instead of details, even when I press for specifics. The work they do is typically very well done and timely.We've now been using them for over 3 years and their service has always been excellent. I sometimes wonder how they can stay in business offering their services at such a low price, but they do, and do so very well.I've been with PSM for a VERY long time. Years... I'll never change, you simply wont find a better company bar none!We have been using PSM for over 3 years and have been extreemly satisfied with their service, Just recently we have moved all our dedicated servers over to them and it has been great. The moderator of this forum shouyld change this heading on this tread as it is not true what it states. As above I agree with CanadianHost you will simply wont find a better company out there.CheersSo for all the super satisfied PSM customers, what level of knowledge are you at with servre management? ie. do you do some in-house tweaks & edits through SSH? Are you advanced or just a WHM/Cpanel user?We've been using PSM for about a year and we've had our ups and down.

They can be extremely vague on letting you know what they did to resolve an issue I do not know if that is because they do not have time to or do not want their clients becoming 'savvy' on the servers lol.

As an owner of a busy web design agency and hosting company I won't deny that I can be a difficult customer as alot of our customers a very demanding business users and so we do submit quite a few tickets in all fairness and most of the time they've approached my 'nags' with decorum and professionalism, however, they do not take critism very well. If you may any suggestions or tell them that one of their replies are vague they get all up on the defensive side and I sometimes find it hard to work with them.

But for the price I guess you cannot complain, they are cheap yes but they do provide a satisfactory level of support for our dedicated servers and at most times they are very very efficient.

The only other nag I would mention is their 10 minute per ticket submission delay. Its very difficult at times especially if more than one server at the same time is experiencing performance issues or like. I understand their reason behind it (to stop people from submitting multiple tickets), however, 10 minutes when a servers apache or email is down can be a very long drawn out 10 minutes when you have 100 customer all trying to ring you!

I personally would have preferred to be able to open tickets for other servers at the same time, but perhaps limit tickets per server? not per helpdesk login.

Anyway guys, keep up the good hard work.They can be extremely vague on letting you know what they did to resolve an issue I do not know if that is because they do not have time to or do not want their clients becoming 'savvy' on the servers lol.

Our job is to get the problem fixed, and as long as we do that, then we are doing our job. It's not that we don't want our clients to become savvy, it is just a lot of extra time needed to explain and describe what caused the problem in addition to spending the time fixing it. This means we would have to spend twice as long on each ticket, which results in higher expenses and slower response times, which neither us nor the customer wants. The time we would spend explaining the problem can be used for fixing another customer's issue. So when you submit a ticket, I doubt you would like to know that the technicians are busy explaining someone elses issue that is already fixed, instead of actually fixing your issue. The majority of our clients only want to know if the problem is fixed anyway, not a story about the problem.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to contact us directly

Thanks,
EthanThis means we would have to spend twice as long on each ticket
This is of course how you see it (and it's your call for your business, of course), but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of the time needed to say "we had to update EXIM" (for example) instead of "it's fixed now". The responses I receive to direct questions are typically vague "we updated something" instead of "x was broken, so we updated it". Even that small change would leave me (and perhaps others) feeling much better about the response.
Yes, I'm generally happy with the work your company does, but this one detail is a flaw, I feel, and could use improvement. Try to bear in mind that while we are your customer, we also have customers, and they don't like to hear vague answers either. When you give us nothing to share with them, that leaves us in the awkward position of not being able to at least say something intelligent about the thing that was broken, and forcing us to make something up when pressed. Nothing can tick off a savvy client more than when they realize we'd given them a fictional "fix" for an issue. Makes them feel like we're untruthful. Please consider offering slightly more detail about what's been done when asked, at least. I'm not personally asking for what commands you'd used, or a blow by blow of all the steps involved...just something that can be passed on if necessary.This is of course how you see it (and it's your call for your business, of course), but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of the time needed to say "we had to update EXIM" (for example) instead of "it's fixed now".

I agree, and that's not the problem, we are more than glad to give you a brief detail of what was worked on, and we do all the time when anyone asks. However, out of the few people that even ask for details, most of them want specific, line by line, in depth, explanations of what was done. In your example, if we said 'we had to update exim', in most instances they would reply and say 'what is exim and what did you update it to', so we would reply 'we had to ssh in and type the following commands', and then they would reply 'what is ssh, and how can it be used', etc., and it would go on for 10+ replies back and forth. This is what I am referring to when I say it would take a lot of time to do this. As I mentioned, the majority of our customers don't ask for any explanation at all, they are content with knowing the issue is resolved. But the few people that do ask for more details, almost all of them want these type of full in depth explanations which take a lot of time away from fixing other customer's problems.If anyone has any other questions, feel free to contact us directly

I was not aware I was asking you any questions? I was merely stating a fact to WHT about using your company. Sometimes our own clients want to know why they experienced an outage etc, but if its fixed by you we do not have the answers most times which does not always look good on our part.However, out of the few people that even ask for details, most of them want specific, line by line, in depth, explanations of what was done.

I agree with you on that, as at times we've been known to perhaps request more information but only in exceptional circumstances, like for instance, we had an ssl certificate installed for two months fine, then the other day it vanished. When we submitted the ticket all we got was we need the private key to re-install. Yes this response is fine and to the point, but our client was going absolutely mental that their whole e-commerce website was down because all of a sudden their paid for ssl cert had gone. Instead of getting a response, we're not sure how it got removed, sometimes it happens;, we just got it needs to be re-installed.

However, generally once you close the ticket unless the problem continues do we very rarely require more info. But yes sometimes knowing what you fixed or even why you fixed would help us provide a better service to our own clients.

:)An example:Issue: WHM showing account setup timeout errorResponse: This has been fixed. Request: Can you tell me what it wasResponse: Settings just needed to be adjusted.Maybe this could have been "a necessary script was executing too slowly, so we increased the timeout setting" or something.Another:Issue: Client can't connect to mail serverResponse: There is a mismatched dns setting on <<domain>> which I am fixing nowRequest: Can you tell me what the mismatch is/was?Response: This has been fixed. Please try it in 24 hours. Request (again): Can you tell me what the mismatch is/was? Response: The dns settings did not match to what they were supposed to be. Request: I appreciate the definition of "mismatch", but I asked for specifics several times now, please.Response: The nameservers were not setup correctly for this domain name so we fixed it. Which would take longer, "The nameservers appeared to be setup incorrectly, so we fixed that", or all this back and forth without offering even a vestige of what was actually done?I can appreciate what you've said, and can see how you would be wasting lots of time in those cases, so yes I see your point. Can you also see mine? ;)I see your point bear :)bear and mark1hos:

If the problem's fixed, why pester them? Like Ethan said, that's time away from another customer's issue that you are taking.I don't consider it pestering to request the information I need to pass on to my clients. If it were included from the start, it wouldn't require any extra contact whatsoever.bear and mark1hos:

If the problem's fixed, why pester them? Like Ethan said, that's time away from another customer's issue that you are taking.

I sorry I was not aware I was 'pestering' them as you have put it. This is an open discussion forum is it not? Ethan is not obligated to read and respond to this thread therefore I do not see how we are taking him away from other customers?I think mark1hos and bear are forgetting about something, and that is that PSM is not the only company that does not provide in depth explainations in their responses. The reality is that most places do 'not' provide these in depth explainations, some don't even provide brief explainations. Even when I ask my datacenter what the problem was they reply a day later saying they don't recall. Same thing with my windows admin, anytime I ask him what went wrong, he says it was something too technical to explain. The reality is that time is money, and even a brief 2-second reply is time. While you love the low prices and the fast responses, you either don't see or don't care that every bit of time matters, more unnecessary time spent equals less necessary time available for the actual fixes, and lets face it, all that is really necessary is fixing the problem, explainations may be nice but surely are not necessary no matter how you look at it. I don't care what the problem was, if they fix it for me, then I'm happy. The only reason why I ask my datacenter or windows guy is because I pay them on an hourly rate, so if I want to spend my own money, then I should be entitled to an explaination. But PSM offers unlimited support at such a tiny price, and I respect that and would never want them to take time away from fixing someone elses problem after my problem is fixed. I feel bad submitting so many tickets as it is, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for more.Nick - I would let PSM handle this issue. You chiming in does not help Ethan resolve the matter. Infact - you are just throwing gasoline on the fire. On matters of such, let Ethan handle it unless you speak for him now. ;)I'd rather this didn't turn into a bashing of PSM (or each other), since as I said, I'm mostly very happy. This one small detail I felt was an improvement to their service I thought suggest here in this topic, that's all. Whether or not other companies also do it is not completely relevant, but noted.So for all the super satisfied PSM customers, what level of knowledge are you at with servre management? ie. do you do some in-house tweaks & edits through SSH? Are you advanced or just a WHM/Cpanel user?

I do most of my own management now and only need PSM for more serious or deeper issues. I even write my own scripts for custom functions. I like their service because for the very rare times that I need them, they're right there.I have used PSM for over 3 years and it has been great.

However I think it would be better if they did provide more details on items that we obviously need to know more about.

for instance:
Today at 5 one of my servers rebooted for some reason.

PSM jumped on it and let me know it was rebooting and when it was back up.

I asked why it rebooted due to the fact that this can be an indication of a major issue.

At 7pm they provided me with an answer to my question.

"I checked to see why the server was rebooted and it was not soft rebooted, meaning nobody typed 'reboot' to initiate it. It looks like the server just crashed, I do not see any sign of hacks, or unauthorized logins, or a manual reboot"

This could have been done initally with a couple of keystrokes.

I am really happy with their services and just wanted to voice my opinion because this simple step would make PSM all that much better.Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like this thread could be valuable market research for PSM (and all for free). Either that, or they will continue to stay firm with the answer they provided above. Now that could be telling.IMO they aren't as good as they used to be. Took them 12 hours to reply on Sunday, which was a pain as it was a email issue stopping my business :( Sorted now thoughIMO they aren't as good as they used to be. Took them 12 hours to reply on Sunday, which was a pain as it was a email issue stopping my business :( Sorted now though

1st ticket:
Client Opened Ticket on Wed May 2 06:17:39 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Wed May 2 06:27:08 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 10 minutes

2nd ticket:
Client Opened Ticket on Wed May 2 07:39:47 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Wed May 2 07:41:26 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 2 minutes

3rd ticket:
Client Opened Ticket on Wed May 2 07:50:55 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Wed May 2 08:13:58 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Wed May 2 09:45:46 EDT 2007
Response time: 23 minutes
Resolution time: 1 hour 55 Minutes

4th ticket:
Client Opened Ticket on Wed May 2 08:28:44 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Wed May 2 09:28:50 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 1 Hour

5th ticket:
Client Opened Ticket on Sat May 5 11:37:09 EDT 2007
Technical Support Responded on Sat May 5 12:21:01 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 44 Minutes

Client RE-OPENED Ticket Response on Sat May 5 12:50:36 EDT 2007 with a new problem
Technical Support Responded on Sat May 5 14:40:45 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes

Client RE-OPENED Ticket Response on Sat May 5 15:20:51 EDT 2007 with another new problem
Technical Support Responded on Sat May 5 15:53:15 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 23 Minutes

Client Re-OPENED Ticket Added Response on Sat May 5 18:28:21 EDT 2007 with yet another new problem
Technical Support Responded on Sat May 5 18:56:56 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 28 Minutes

Client RE-OPENED Ticket Response on Sun May 6 11:00:11 EDT 2007 with yet another additional new problem
Technical Support Responded on Mon May 7 09:48:07 EDT 2007
Resolution time: 12 Hours 48 Minutes

It's so sad to see that the only comment you have is about the 1 resolution that took 12 hours, and nothing to say about the other 8 resolutions that all resolved within LESS than 1 hour average. Still keep in mind, that even a 12 hour resolution is within what we guarantee anyway, so it's not even like we exceeded our service level agreement.

Unfortunately most people never take the time to comment when they are satisfied, it's only after the 1 unsatisfactory issue out of countless satisfied issues that they ever mention.Ethan, (or I assume it to be)If you look around i've made 20+ positive comments on you in the past.DanHi Do you feel PSM response speed slow down lately? I am not trying to argue anything here, if anyone form PSM has time on WHT, please kindly help on 5896690220 43 hours passed thanks for your time and great management rate :)Do you feel PSM response speed slow down lately?

I haven't found any excess delays in their response times.Hi

Do you feel PSM response speed slow down lately?

I am not trying to argue anything here, if anyone form PSM has time on WHT, please kindly help on
43 hours passed

thanks for your time and great management rate :)

You submitted 3 tickets within the last 48 hours.
Ticket 5896502680: sales ip change (completed by a sales rep in 4 hours)
Ticket 5896606570: 5 separate requests - server setup, hardening, custom ip setup, dns setup, login change (completed within 24 hours)
Ticket 5896690220: 3 separate requests - http/mysql/conf optimization, fileman installation, secure php; then you added 4 MORE separate requests - server setup, custom ip change, dns setup, login change (all still in progress)

The first 2 tickets were completed the same day, the only ticket that is incomplete is the 3rd ticket that has "7" separate requests in it!

We guarantee all tickets are resolved within 24 hours, and they are. We have not had 1 ticket exceed our SLA in over a year. We offer a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any month that even 1 ticket exceeds our SLA.

However, as clearly stated right on our ticket submission form, each request must be in a separate ticket. So just because you choose to stick 8 requests in 1 ticket does not mean that they will all be done within the "same" one 24 hour period. Our 24 hour resolution guarantee is per request.

Statistically, 90% of tickets are resolved in under 3 hours or less. The remaining 10% of tickets are resolved between 3 hours and 24 hours.

So while almost all requests are resolved within a few hours or less on average, we only absolutely guarantee a resolution within 24 hours per request.

Anyway, I really don't know why you are asking for an update here rather than opening a ticket to the feedback department. We check WHT periodically but our feedback department is monitored 24x7x365. Submitting a ticket to our feedback department will get you a much faster response then posting here.

But as I've mentioned before, sadly most people never take the time to comment when they are happy. You've been a customer for 1 year so far and have submitted 80 tickets in the last 2 months alone, and the first time we see feedback here from you is about 1 ticket that was not done as fast as you expect (even though it is still within our sla guarantee).

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us.You guys (PSM) do seem to get a lot of situations where people submit multiple tickets in 1. People don't seem to realise that it makes your job easier, and makes it much easier to keep track of, if each item is a separate ticket. Too bad there isn't some way to prevent doing that, like limiting the number of characters or something, but some tickets require a lot more characters than others to provide details.Maybe you need to make it more clear on the ticket form to keep tickets to one request at a time.You guys (PSM) do seem to get a lot of situations where people submit multiple tickets in 1. People don't seem to realise that it makes your job easier, and makes it much easier to keep track of, if each item is a separate ticket. Too bad there isn't some way to prevent doing that, like limiting the number of characters or something, but some tickets require a lot more characters than others to provide details.

Maybe you need to make it more clear on the ticket form to keep tickets to one request at a time.

Exactly.... most tickets have multiple requests in it even though the ticket submission form very clearly says:
"Only submit 1 problem per ticket. For example, if you have 2 problems, open 2 separate tickets."
That's exactly what it says on our ticket submission form.
I don't really know how much more clear we can make it.

We used to ask clients to resubmit the separate issues in separate tickets but they usually get mad, so we let it slide, but then it turns into this. We'll have to start re-inforcing it again.

Thanks for the feedbackHi but ticket is still not done unfortunately ,please check again and I don't know how many hours passed now I agree that we should have one issue one ticket policy, but currently we only allow to issue one ticket every 10 minutes. If you want to avoid duplicated clicking, 1 minute is enough :D 7 requests take us 70 minutes to complete, ?? Our 24 hour resolution guarantee is per request. is good thing to know :Dbut ticket is still not done unfortunately ,please check again and I don't know how many hours passed now

This is a not true. That ticket was in fact completed AND closed the same day you made your first post here, which was 2 days ago. Now today, 2 days later you re-open it saying something was missed. Well, the entire reason why we say to submit only 1 request per ticket is to ensure nothing can be missed. Since you choose to put 7 requests into 1 ticket (clearly against our ticket submission guidelines) there may be a chance that something can be missed.

Anyway, this is a private matter between you and us, you voiced your opinion and then I asked you to contact us privately via the feedback department if you had any further concerns. You did open a ticket to the feedback department today at 4:03am EDT but then came back here to complain more 10 minutes later today at 4:13am EDT! So obviously your objective is not just to get your ticket resolved, but you are obviously not satisfied and just want to complain about us which hurts. I am absolutely perplexed at why you are doing this because this isn't even our mistake to begin with.

The bottom line is that to begin with, is that one ticket should never have contained 7 requests. If you followed our very simple and clear instructions in the first place, this would have NEVER happened. Our ticket submission form can not possibly be any more clear on this:
"Only submit 1 problem per ticket. For example, if you have 2 problems, open 2 separate tickets."

Then for you to go on and defend your mistake by saying 'you just don't want to' makes this even more absurd. Our policies are in place to ensure the highest level of service and are also required to make sure we meet our SLA response/resolution guarantee. If you don't want to follow our policies, then you can not expect our response/resolution guarantee, and moreover definitely should not complain.

If any one has any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to contact me directlyBut as I've mentioned before, sadly most people never take the time to comment when they are happy.

I will just take a moment to say I am happy, response and resolution times for me at least are usually within 3 hours if not much sooner, yes, answers to problems are vague, and 9 out of 10 times I dont need an explanation, but so far when I do ask for a little more indepth answer they have always obliged, I would guess they are more likely to use additional time to explain things if you dont abuse it by turning every support ticket into a 50 reply novel, its also a value service and they are in it to provide the best bang for our buck, which i think they do, if they were to provide one on one admin time like it would take to explain every minute detail the service would cost more, alot more, and then alot of people would be complaining thats theres not a good 30.00 per month server support company out there :agree:I'm going to chime in and say that Ethan and his team at Platinum Server Management are absolutely amazing people. Great to work with, very intelligent, and if they doubled, hell, tripled, their price.. it would still be a steal.excellent group of guys at PSM and very helpful!we have been using them going on a year now and never had a problem with getting the support we neededHey Guys, Thanks to this post they just got another customer and you made my life a lot easier picking someone to manage my server.ThanksHey Guys, Thanks to this post they just got another customer and you made my life a lot easier picking someone to manage my server.

Thanks

Wise choice. I'm sure you'll find they're worth the money.We used to ask clients to resubmit the separate issues in separate tickets but they usually get mad, so we let it slide, but then it turns into this. We'll have to start re-inforcing it again.

I'd go with the 3 strike routine. Kindly ask to keep future requests separate, and after the third time, refuse to deal with multiple requests. That's what I would do.This is so odd how so many people say they are great. I have used them two totally separate times. I submitted a ticket maybe every week at most and every time I was turned off by their response and resolution time. Not only that they screwed up on some partitions so they have to reload the os and all accounts.Not only that they screwed up on some partitions so they have to reload the os and all accounts. I really, really, doubt that they caused any problems. They don't make mistakes like that.They did. It was back when I was part of a free host called hiya-host.com...I was only a co-owner but I specifically remember that event because our income of new sign ups dropped significantly after that due to downtime.This is so odd how so many people say they are great. I have used them two totally separate times. I submitted a ticket maybe every week at most and every time I was turned off by their response and resolution time. Not only that they screwed up on some partitions so they have to reload the os and all accounts.

I looked up your account and it appears you last used our service in 2005. We do not keep backups of tickets that long so unfortunately I have no way of knowing exactly what happened or what the circumstances were. If you still happen to have a copy of the tickets, I'd appreciate it if you can forward a copy of them to me via email so I can see what happened. As a general rule, we never touch partitions because of the dangers involved so I am surprised to hear this.

Also, in the 1-2 years since you've used our service, we have made major enhancements to our service and hired several new staff members. Any customer that has been with us over the past few years can attest to the increase in speed and quality.

However, while we try to satisfy 100% of our customers, realistically that is not always possible for any company in the world. We've been in business for over 7 years, and currently provide support to over 2,100 servers monthly. It is absolutely impossible for any company, especially of our size, to not have a single dissatisfied customer.

You are one of very few dissatisfied customers, and as you mentioned, this thread is filled with many many positive comments about our service from plenty of other customers.Ohh I am not saying you guys are not good now. Its just that when I used you guys those were my opinions. I can imagine you guys have changed a lot since then and probably changed your policy on messing with partitions. If my memory serves me right I thought we requested you to add another partition since we wanted to make local backups to the same hard drive. Anyways, I am not here to bash you guys since I bet you guys provide great service now. Just wanted to provide my 2 cents when I used you guys.I do not understand why people have to keep creating threads just to tell us that they have had a ticket opened for over 42 hours with a company.

All it does is cause unessary posts. If you have a problem all you can do is deal with it directly with the company.

As I have said in a previous thread, we've had our ups and downs with PSM, however, in general their response times are pretty effecient and usually resolved that day.

ChrisAlso, in the 1-2 years since you've used our service, we have made major enhancements to our service and hired several new staff members. Any customer that has been with us over the past few years can attest to the increase in speed and quality.The first time I used your services was 3.5 years ago and I haven't seen much difference in response times. It's always been fast for me. That shows you must be doing a good job of keeping up with growth. :) I do not understand why people have to keep creating threads just to tell us that they have had a ticket opened for over 42 hours with a company.That does get annoying seeing all those posts. Some people just have to go public when they have a problem.