please help re. use of trademarks in domain namess

admin

Administrator
Staff member
ok....so i had the same idea many other people out there have already had.

....buying a domain name that contains a trademark in order to make profit. i've bought quite a few domains now but only read now about the legalities and ethics involved. i didn't see it as being unethical, i thought it was opportunistic at most, but personally i think if somebody has the foresight and intelligence to register a domain before a big company, then that's too bad for the big company. they shouldn't be such sore losers, and courts and journalists shouldn't wipe their asses.

that all said....i definitely don't want to get sued or end up in prison. if that was a possibility i'd give up the domains right now!

first though, if i keep the domains, what is the company who owns the trademark likely to do? would they first ask for the domain back? possibly even settle for money out of court? or would they go straight to court and want me sued for damages or lost earnings? if they came to me first i'd wave me white flag immediately. but i'm very worried about going ahead with my websites then being hit with a lawsuit.

should i just go ahead with my ideas and see what happens? or is toooo risky? i'm a 22 year old computer amateur which i'm hoping excuses any naivity that i may be showing right now lol

any advice would be very much appreciated! :D