phpbb with mysql on nt sever,

liunx

Hey everyone, hope someone is willing to help me.

I just setup an Apache webserver with php installed. That works perfectly fine. Its running off of one of my home computers wich has nt server instlled on it. Im trying to set up Phpbb2(the same message board as this page) on the webserver. My problem is that i cant figure out how to set up a mysql database. I Download ed the installer and installed it, even put the my.cnf file in the c:\ director like it says. Then i ran the winmysqladmin.exe file and used it to install and start the service. My question now is, NOW WHAT? :confused: . Do i need to manualy set up a database or something? Can someone please give me dumbed down instructins on what to do to make this work.

The error message that i get when i try to go the install page of phpbb2 is;

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'bruno@localhost' (Using password: YES) in d:\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in d:\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in d:\apache\htdocs\phpbb2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the databaseHi Bruno,

If you'd conducted a search you would have perhaps found a link to this thread, just a couple of threads below this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26724">http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.ph ... adid=26724</a><!-- m -->

Btw, this forum uses vBulletin, not phpBB.Really? Phpbb looks EXACTLY the same as this forum, I'll check that one out as well. thanxIf you look at the bottom of the page you can see the "Powered by vBulletin" tag. They're are similiar that's for sure, except vBulletin is not free.:confused: Hmmm...

Look the same, Work the same, One costs money...

The free one makes sence to me :Dtehcnically they arent the same, and that mostly has to do with the liscense agreements.

check out the thread i made, he fixed it for me. oh, he linked to it already ok. well check it.WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO IT WOOOOOOOOOOOORKED!!!!

ive been struggling witht his for 4 days.