Norton new Chairman for Trust Norton new Chairman for Trust

Chris Norton has replaced Mark Ashton as the Chairman of Watford FCs Community Sports and Education Trust.Norton is a former vice-chairman of the clubs award-winning Trust. He will now be giving support to Rob Smith and the rest of the Trust. Last year, the Trust earnt the Community Club Ryan Braun Jersey of the Year Award at the prestigious Football League Awards.Watford-born Norton was educated at the local Grammar School and later at the University of Hertfordshire. He has been a Watford supporter for over fourty years. A sociate Director at the club, Chris Norton watches Watford both home and away. He fits this around various other commitments including his training and consultancy busine s, Mentor Group.In an exclusive interview with www.watfordfc.com Norton said: I see the Chairmans role in the Trust as being the Keon Broxton Jersey bridge between the Club and the Trusts activities, direction and the community programmes we fund and run. Its my view that the Club and community are as oneBy offering the Football Club as the route to these activities that may not be available elsewhere, we have a pivotal role with which to make a real difference to our local community. The Community is at the heart of everything we do as a Club and it is something we must protect and grow.As a consequence of that if we can help Jesus Aguilar Jersey inspire and motivate youngsters through the club, they will be increasingly drawn to us and help give us our next generation of supporters.I only need to look at my young daughter to see how, already in her life, the sport that she does adds to her happine s, learning and well-being.Along with the Board of Trustees, my goals are to keep driving our key initiatives, particularly those around learning, health and social inclusion.Of course, we also need to be mindful of creating the increased involvement of busine s, through sponsorship and Corporate Social Responsibility programmes. I believe my own experience in busine s, as well as my strong history with the Club will give the ideal values, beliefs and balance to my Blank Jersey Chairmanship.Rob Smith, Community Director, added, I am delighted that Chris has been appointed as Chairman of the Trust.He has played a key role in helping the Trust to grow and develop in recent years. We are extremely fortunate to have such a dynamic and committed board of Trustees and with Chris Yovani Gallardo Jersey as Chair I feel confident that the Trust will continue to go from strength to strength.Married to Ines with two children, Lee, aged 27 and Lara, aged 5, Chriss family have football in their blood, not least as Ines is Brazilian.