New to web domain and would like to host....

wxdqz

I am working for a non-profit organization trying to get their website up.

I've used other services in the past that register domains and provide web hosting as well, but in this case, I'm trying a more cost effective way to do it...

I used <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.godaddy.com">www.godaddy.com</a><!-- w --> to register the domain.

I am trying to setup my PC to act as the hosting server and so far, am having no luck.

Here is my current setup:

Win2000 Professional
DSL with Actiontec DSL Gateway (4port router built-in)

Basically, I have my html written for the site but need to know how to tell godaddy.com to point to my IP when either using the "midnightmuscle.net" or "www.midnightmuscle.net" address.

Thats step one. Step two, since I have a DSL/Router combo, I need to figure out how to tell my router to accept queries from the www and then forward them to this PC. I have port forwarding capability but am not 100% sure how to set it up.

Last, I know I will need a web server program like Apache... I have tried to setup Apache and have had no luck. It installs, but I get errors when trying to start it up. Is there an easier web server tool to use?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I'm trying to avoid having to pay the high monthly hosting fees for the organization.

Thanks!!