Need some help

webmasterbeta

last yr i posted on here and got a managed server for about 50 pound per months so am looking for something liek this
I need a server/host with about 30 gigs up as im wanting to run a gfx site so will be a lot of uploading PSDS and downloading of them from the server.
Now i dont have a lot of experience with doing things myself as any host ive had before comes with a web enviroment for me to do Databases and setup accounts etc so im after something along these lines.
(no cobolt as tried this and was 2 hard for me)

I need Imagicmagik for photopost installed on the server as i dont have the knowledge to set this up myself.My demands aint really high,its just having the correct BW per month and decent speed.

Can anyone help me here (also if this is wrong section then sorry)How much bandwidth and diskspace are you in the need of ?well 30 gig of space is well good enough and as for BW ill take as much as what around 50 per month will get me.
But i cant stressenough i need it with some of adminpanel for doing databases etc.not sure where to post this question as i see no section for it but u may think its stupid but im wondering is there anywhere just to Rent out drive space etc,such as say 20-30 gig on a drive.If that was possible then me probs would be sorted as could get that on a fast 10mbit line and then get members to uploads their PSDs to that space and then link to it from the board.

Monthly payment etc but just fast drive space no OS needed as will just link to the stuff on the driveWell I think this post belong more in the Shared Hosting forums, but I think what you need could be addressed by a few different options.

Many companies will be happy to quote your needs, just PM anyone who offers hosting services.

You keep mentioning a control panel, most host provide one generally in 3-4 common flavors:

Cpanel, Plesk, Ensim, Helm...and more.

Most of these use phpMyAdmin as the database management tool, it is very simple and easy to use.

Any good host will be more then willing to help you out as needed to learn the basics.

Now if you do need a lot of space and bandwidth and will be trying up a lot of server resources a managed VPS might be what you are really seeking.found a vps one offering the following :

Domains: Unlimited
Email accounts: Unlimited
MySQL databases: Unlimited
Operating System: CentOS 4
Minimum RAM: 384 MB
Burst RAM: 2 GB
CPU: Equal share
Disk space: 30 GB
Monthly Traffic: 500 GB
Dedicated IP: 2
Control Panel:
- Webmin (Free) or
- Plesk 7.5 (Free) or
- cPanel (Free)
Add-ons:
- Fantastico (Free)
- RVskin ($2/mo)
- Plesk PowerPack (Free)
- Clientexec ($5/mo)

its got 30 gig space and its all within my budget - but im still stuck on some questions like say i need help do the host still help you or are u on your own once u get a VPS.

Same with this :

Minimum RAM: 384 MB
Burst RAM: 2 GB

Is 384 meg sufficent to run a site on or will it sort of grind to a halt.All this is new to me so sorry for the newbie questions.Is the vps from powervps ? or some other company that you looked at ? I think 384 would be good enough but if you dont need cpanel avoid it as its a mem whore :).Is the vps from powervps ? or some other company that you looked at ? I think 384 would be good enough but if you dont need cpanel avoid it as its a mem whore :).

Well for a newb they may need cPanel...It really depends on how busy your sites would be. Find a company that would be willing to upgrade your account without hassle once you start to increase in clientel.Well for a newb they may need cPanel...

Well for newbies a problem is a problem and doesnt matter if its cpanel or da or any other panel they will end up emailing the support team anyways.