Need help with managed dedicated server

webmasterbeta

Hi,
Let me preface this with the fact that I have never used a dedicated server. That being said, here's what I need. I'm looking for Windows 2003 server(enterprise/ standard edition) duel processor, RAID 1, managed/ semi managed, 2 GB RAM. These are some of the things I was told to look for because of the applications I'll be running. My budget is 200-280/ month. Are these possible with my budget?:look:Well with a managed server you really won't have to worry about the administration part since that falls upon the company reliable. Your price is in the lower range of the managed solution but it is still possible.

What sort of an application do you plan to run? That might hold the key to a better suggestion.Thank you We'll be running Everest Software which will include e-commerce, inventory management, sales territorial management components. There will be sales peole entering data (orders, customer info, etc) from different areas of the US. Because there could be as many as 10 people running data and the ecommerce data being entered, I was told to have a min. of 2 GB of RAM and RAID to mirror the mssql database.Hi,

Check <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.inetu.net/services/hosting/managed_windows_2003_servers.php">http://www.inetu.net/services/hosting/m ... ervers.php</a><!-- m --> also many options are available.In terms of MSSQL licensing, if you actually need a license for this (not sure about this specific app) will you be providing it or do you want that included in your hosting charges as a monthly?

If you spec the machine down just a tiny bit, what you're asking for is easily do-able on that budget.

DanManaged sollutions can get costly. However, with your budget some companies would be able to offer you a solution similiar to what you need at your current budget...good luck.yes. if you go for a managed windows server your provider will provide you with all the managed needOut of my curiosity, I would like to know why is that you are going only one server? You might have a single point of hardware failure in case the motherboard of the server goes down. You may want to think about it.Ok so basically this is an ecommerce site. Are you managing it or do want the ISP to do it? It makes a difference in the server security aspect. ISP's will not take any responsibility if the customer is managing the server. However, based on your budget try shallal net go to dedicated tab and check out prices. Since you mentioned RAID and dual processors they have servers with those specs.