need help with licensing

masterofdeath

Today i get mail with subject with Urgent Action and Response Required Please

Date: 07 March 2009

URGENT ACTION AND RESPONSE REQUIRED PLEASE

Re: vBulletin Software use at http://nakedforum.info/forum/

vBulletin actively protects its intellectual property through "Pirate Reports" (Pirate Reports) and is keen to avoid formal reporting, to identify any administrative errors, or errors where license owners may have incorrectly followed the registration procedure and licensing terms and conditions. The license agreement can be viewed at vBulletin - License Agreement

If you are receiving this email as a network or host we are having difficulties making contact with an end user and would ask that you please assist by passing this email to them so they may have prior notice of our intentions to take further action in the event that the matter is not resolved.

NOTIFICATION:

I am a Copyright Enforcement Agent for Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Howarth Lodge, 7 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7LR, the exclusive owners of vBulletin forum software.

The licensing database indicates that there is no current license linked to the use of the above identified software's (by reported URL or IP address) and I need to confirm with you if there is any logical reason for the omission. If you have not linked your license to the location where the software is in use, as a necessary part of the software registration process, please log in to https://www.vbulletin.com/members and do so without delay. Please then notify us so we may close our investigation.

If your financial records indicate that payment has been made in relation to the reported software please contact [email protected] and ensure the payment and license information is correct. If you do not have a license please delete the software or license it immediately at vBulletin - Order Form

Regards

Ciprian Pasca
Investigator
Romanian Office

Pirate Reports
PO Box 36
EAST MOLESEY
Surrey
KT8 9XT
ENGLAND

Tel: 44(0)20 8941 1843

Email: [email protected]

The sender accepts no responsibility for an end users incorrect registration or failure to do so as the Terms and Conditions of Use are clearly explained as an integral part of the purchase procedure.

What can i do? Please Help

Thanks (I used GYSN EDT)

lordsyntax

for a start you could have considered using the search function as this has been discussed like a million of times before.

To spare you from making too much of an effort by bothering the built-in search function, here is a short breakdown of what your options are:

-> move hosts (won´t help much unless you go for a different domain name)
-> move to a offshore host, sit back and point your finger @Howard and his fellas
-> buy a darn license (software worth using is software worth buying)

Raptor

You are given the answer in the email you were sent.

You got caught - buy a licence. deal with it.