Name of an INDIAN FILM about an arranged newly married couple moving to NEW YORK - relatively new..

ClaireE

I saw a film on the plane home from Sri Lanka. It was a Quatar airways flight, and I the film was FABULOUS. I cant remember what the title was and I havent seen it advertised since, but would like to buy it.<br />
<br />
It started out when a young Indian couple were married off to each other in an arranged marriage. He was an american, and she was Indian, and she had to relocate to live with him in america. She had trouble with the language and getting to know her new partner etc, but their love grew and it was wonderful. <br />
<br />
Then they had kids, travelled back to India a few times with the kids, but basically the kids grew up and lived a very western lifestyle with western values etc. The film gradually changed direction... it became more about the son and daughter (especially the son) not being able to accept his families old culture and practicies... and stuff. Then later on, the son 'gets it' when his father dies of cancer and the mother is distraught and wants him to go ito mourning with the rest of the family etc and he eventually takes his fathers ashes home to scatter in the Ganges or somewhere. He embraces his culture and realises that its part of him. Tear jerking and wonderful and I watched it on the plane in May 2007... so it must have been made in 2005 or later I am guessing. More likely 2006.<br />
<br />
<br />
Any one know the title? <br />

bigbeauty

You could try the India answers.
Most of them speak english and write it. They will probably know, sounds good film x