mysql error (need help)

silks

i get this flashing up and my forum has slowed right down

looks like some kind of misconfiguration or something

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.2:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT IF(votenum >= 1, votenum, 0) AS votenum, IF(votenum >= 1 AND votenum != 0, votetotal / votenum, 0) AS voteavg, votetotal, thread.threadid, thread.title, thread.replycount, postusername, postuserid, thread.dateline AS postdateline, IF(views <= thread.replycount, thread.replycount+1, views) AS views, thread.lastposter, thread.lastpost, thread.lastpostid, pollid, thread.forumid, thread.open, sticky
, NOT ISNULL(subscribethread.subscribethreadid) AS subscribed, thread.iconid AS threadiconid, iconpath AS threadiconpath, post.pagetext AS preview, thread.attach
FROM thread as thread
LEFT JOIN subscribethread AS subscribethread ON (subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid AND subscribethread.userid = 1) LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON (icon.iconid = thread.iconid) LEFT JOIN post AS post ON (post.postid = thread.firstpostid)
WHERE open != 10
AND thread.visible = 1 AND thread.lastpost > 1221425282

ORDER BY lastpost DESC
LIMIT 10;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Tuesday, October 14th 2008 @ 09:48:02 PM
Error Date : Tuesday, October 14th 2008 @ 09:48:26 PM
Script : forum/cmps_index.php
Referrer :
IP Address : ***.***.***.***
Username : silks
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

can someone direct me i can use phpmyadmin

Itsuki Minami

na it's just because you're in a shared server ( i guess) your mysql server has gone away that means is overloaded just refresh the page and that's it, xD i got a lot of that but mainly from search engines , is nothing so big to take care of

silks

Thanks for the replys

my website is still intact and what u say makes sense - allthough it is a right distraction

the errors hapen every 10 mins and i really cant be doing with it - is there no other remedy than to change hosts ??

Itsuki Minami

try to make your forum lighter, what i mean is remove the products and modifications taht you don't really need each modification makes an additional query ( mostly all of them) so your sql server crashes a lot, the another way is to make your forum lighter cya

silks

cheers fella still a pain looks like it is what you say did do a bit more research and it could be something to do with images..

if it isnt 1 thing its another

thanks again