MySpace 2.0 Profile System

MobileHacks

WHAT DOES THIS DO?

This will change your profile page to have a myspace style layout.
This also uses standard css classes so should fit into any skin.
It should squeeze down to 800x600 (just) and stops expanding around 1000 wide so
it doesn't look too warped.
We suggest setting everyone's profile pictures to 150x150 exactly for this to show up correctly and as intended.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1- Upload .htaccess to forum root dir
2 - Upload the images to /images folder keeping their respective directories
3 - Upload the other files to the forum root
4 - Install product
5 - Create profile fields (as below)

PROFILE FIELDS

Full Name - Field 1 - TEXT FIELD
County - Field 7 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
Country - Field 8 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
General Interests - Field 9 - TEXT AREA
Marital Status - Field 10 - TEXT FIELD
Height - Field 11 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
Zodiac Sign - Field 12 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
About Me - Field 13 - TEXT AREA
Who I'd Like To Meet - Field 14 - TEXT AREA
Music - Field 15 - TEXT AREA
Movies - Field 16 - TEXT AREA
Television - Field 17 - TEXT AREA
Books - Field 18 - TEXT AREA
Heroes - Field 19 - TEXT AREA
Weight - Field 20 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
Drink - Field 21 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
Smoke - Field 22 - TEXT FIELD OR SINGLE SELECTION MENU
contact Box Changer - Field 23 - TEXT FIELD
Mood - Field 24 (see below for options) - SINGLE SELECTION MENU
Music - Field 25 - TEXT AREA

OPTIONS FOR MOOD PROFILE FIELD

(please note, these must be copied as is, otherwise mood code in profile will not work)

Fantastic
Awesome
Silly
Witty
Charming
Happy
Angry
Sad
Upset
Determined
Confused

INFORMATION

This MySpace profile addon is the updated version to my original release here. If you have installed this other one, then please uninstall and install this one in its place.

FAQ.

Does this work with vBulletin 3.8?
I don't see why not, although this is untested. If someone tests, please report back to me with an answer

What template does this modify?
This modifies the MEMBERINFO template

Not all the fields show up.
Please check the field ID numbers. If you changed any of them, make sure you change them in the template too.

Do you have a working demo?
The only demo I have is on my test board, which as per the licence agreement is unaccessible to the public. If someone can install this and give me the URL, I will update this post with their board URL

Any plans for a facebook one?
We shall see. I am still in 2 minds whether I would like to do a facebook one or stick to MySpace

This modification also comes with a flash music player for your users to play music on their profile

mojopanel

Thanks a lot.. gona try it

Works on
vBulletin® Version 3.8.0 Release Candidate 2
vBulletin ® Version 3.7.4

$poon

in the user profile field option under your ACP...

Also how do you work the music player? meaning how do you add the music? is it via html?

Patato20

xD the music player dont show adn alot of thing are missin

in the user profile field option under your ACP ... dont show

Patato20

Never mind i go it is working fine. and the mp3 to xD all u have to do us upload the om in to any site and the the url and paste on the iight place. o yea the fields mixed up to mix up

txbritt

I got it working and customized it so I could deal with it. Anyone know how to add social groups to appear on this page like the default profile?

OMGLOLetcetc

vBShadow said:
How do I remove this completely? I uninstalled it, removed all of it's files and when I go to a members profile it comes up with a blank screen.

Post in this thread with a solution.

Edited for me :)

xeroman2

Okay...guys just to let EVERYONE who plans on adding this....back up everything before you do it....trust me...because if you end up not liking it after you install and remove it...it really messes with your site it removes your profile page so its just a white page...I struggled through a day trying to make some old backups work and everything..my site helped had to re install some files to the site and it finally worked...but be care full with this...and make sure you test it on a test site before you try to put it on your good site.

Sr01

my profile fields look nothing like your picture and i have edited them the way you have said to

mojopanel

Well, "Mr-Ice-Man" you all back to normal since we had that chat on MSN. Yer would not tuch this unless you now what you are doing.