My Experience with Server Surgeon

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I currently have a few dedicated servers, all of which were being managed by Platinum Server Management. Response times varied and their price is very affordable. However, one downside is they do not offer phone support. I was getting ready to transition one of my sites to a new server and didn't feel comfortable having a company do the move without being able to talk with someone. Layeredtech recommended ServerSurgeon.com (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.serversurgeon.com">http://www.serversurgeon.com</a><!-- m -->), a company I had never heard of. As a matter of due diligence, I sent them an email inquiring about their service. They response was detailed and quick. They also have a phone number on their site. I decided to call and was happy that I did. I spoke with John and he really impressed me. He put my mind at ease and I felt confident he could do the move without any downtime. Additionally, John didn't try to sell me on his monthly services knowing I had PSM. His prices were very fair and I didn't mind paying a different company (other than what I was paying PSM for monthly service) knowing that I had someone I could call if things went bad. It was quite the opposite. John and ServerSurgeon were very pro-active. In fact, he called me at 11:30EST on the night we decided to make the move to make sure I was ready. My wife was wondering why someone was calling so late, but I just smiled. This is exactly the type of service I was looking for and happy to find it in Server Surgeon. They are a bit extra, but I've moved management of this server to ServerSurgeon. For me, I've found the critical points are major server moves and they proved their worth last week. If you are in the market for a server admin, I highly recommend the guys at ServerSurgeon. -ChrisNice review Chris, thanks for taking the time to type it up. Most people don't do that unless they've got a bad experience so 15 kudos points for you. Hooorah. Hopefully your wife doesn't think too much of that phone call, one thing leads to another and well.. Thanks again for the review Chris, glad you found a solid provider. 10 Kudos points to LT for the referral.Let us know how things go after you have been with them a while.Let us know how things go after you have been with them a while.Definitely. I'll let you know how things progress.It's about time someone did REAL phone support.I just hate calling someone up when a server is down only to be told to submit a ticket to the queue.