MadeByMary

quickening

Well, I don't know if any of you have been following the saga that is MadeByMary but after all her hacks got pulled from vb.org for security flaws, she then released her mods for free, then charged for them again, then ioncubed them, then released them free again, then closed MadebyMary and opened "vbfreelancers" and now, as of today and this lovely newsletter:

Hello,

This is my last message from vBulletinFreelancers. I would like to inform you, that I've developed my own forum software, to be able to port all my mods to work as stand alone PHP scripts.

This forum will be free. In case that you want to be informed for this release please visit my old site:
MadeByMary: Building Communities
and subscribe to my mailing list.

Thank you
Maria

The site now says:
Dear visitor,

If you're coming to this site from vB.org or any other site related to vBulletin community, please note that I'm not supporting any more this community by developing modules for vBulletin forum software. Instead I'm porting all my vB modules as stand alone PHP scripts.

I've developed my own FREE forum software (a vB clone), to work with my scripts. If you're interesting to get this FREE forum software (ETA Apr 20th, 2008) stay tuned with this site, by subscribing to my newsletter.

So, erm... I'm glad I only paid for one module as I was interested in a few. She also sounds a bit grumpy... Mean ol' vb.org trashing her modules!

PBX1

I thought vbfreelancers bought all of Mary's code and she stayed on as a "consultant". Then she left vbfreelancers because their support and coding is piss poor. All the vbfreelancer stuff has been pulled from vB org and even their "support" forum isn't there any more.
What a soap opera!! LOL.

nexia

just a followup on this story...

actually poor story, because i do not care about the details, but... ;)

>> MadeByMary's garden - vbEnhancer.com <<

in the next days the site will be officially opened, and all these old releases will start being recoded and released publically. the goal is not to upgrade the versions, but to create new ones with the same goals... a Meeting script like Pals or Mates will be redone with a bigger script with more options... for the Articles, News, Photovote etc, they are to be written into the MTF engine -- which will be released with a special version for vbTeam...

so here is the end of the story here!

nexia

yeah, this is part of her plans to advertise her new services... that script will be over me in no long as it's part of the bundle!

Walter Mitty

The release of the classifies could not have happened at a better time with the developer of VbClassifieds going awol for over a month. Big void waiting to be filled by the right script and developer.