Looking 4 on line games site builder.

webmasterbeta

Hi, What do I need to open on line games site, what are the requirements (server, software 卆ct)? Can some one provide me that with design, and how much? My best regardswell you need to decided on what you want to do.

1) rent or own your equip
2) website - need to create one
3) location of your services
4) payment system
5) advertisement
6) support / sales

this is just an outline of what to think about or needed.That's a fairly open ended question.For instance, you don't mention what kind of online game.Web-based game (Europa)? MMORPG (World of Warcraft)? FPS (Counter-Strike: Source)?Those 3 all have very different architectures.Actually, I want in that site, different games as (football, Golf, swimming … ) The members have to pay to play, the gaming like a competition between two or more persons, and the winner wins the money agreed upon! The payment will be through (western union). If any hosting company can provide me such as that site, with some management, please let me know, am ready to pay for it. Example site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hattrick.org/Common/default.asp">http://hattrick.org/Common/default.asp</a><!-- m --> (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hattrick.org/Common/default.asp">http://hattrick.org/Common/default.asp</a><!-- m -->)Depends on the game. Something like Ultima Online or WoW or pretty much any other MMORPG will require good programming skill so you can code in all the content like instance systems, pvp tourney systems, new monsters and other content to keep up with official servers etc...Then as far as server goes start small (Even in-house on adsl line) then get a mid end server on a provider of choice. I started off my UO server at The Planet on a P3 with 1GB of ram. Now I'm on a dual dual core xeon with 2GB of ram, and 100mbps. (10mbps will go a long way for a mmo)For a FPS you'll need more bandwidth and cpu/ram power but probably less programming skill. Something like a MMO requires a more sophisticated setup to make development/updates/patching easier.Trying not to be rude, but i love how all of these foreign people come in and always ask the most basic questions. Example: I want to start a web host, how can i do this? Answer: If you don't know how to open up a web host chances are you shouldn't be opening one. To be successful you need to do your research. That goes with starting up any business.Trying not to be rude, but i love how all of these foreign people come in and always ask the most basic questions. Example: I want to start a web host, how can i do this? Answer: If you don't know how to open up a web host chances are you shouldn't be opening one. To be successful you need to do your research. That goes with starting up any business. Who told u r rude? u r not J On line games, new for me, I believe, it needs special server features with some programs, am asking and searching here, if any host company can provide such as that site. note: If some questions from members are bothering u, please do not reply. MBRYou're going to have to outline everything you want to have on your website and contact a freelancer that can design it for you. This will cost you quite a bit, and will go over 1000$ depending how many features you want, and then there's probably a server you plan to host it on which will cost quite a bit monthly. If you think your idea is good and you can turn a profit in relatively quick time, then get your finances together and start it.Hi, Vcristibighea It looks that will cost much money!!!I thought there is ready program, just come and install it! My best regardsI could setup a VPS for you to host it, but for something like this you need at least 1000$ USD for design. I could do it for you. But if you want an online multiplayer RPG like WoW...that's going into billions of dollars.I would research some of the competition and see how you can offer the service better... find out what the top compaines are using for billing and support. list prices and see if you cant find a way to compete with lower prices.. good luck.What I would do is if you are really interested in this find a way so you can live without having to work every day. If you can be unemployed you will have plenty of time to do all the design yourself, saving you tons of money. Games like WoW can be started off alone with the right knowledge of C++ and graphics. Issue is finding the time to actually do it when you have a full time job, specially if you're married or have a gf. I'm single so that's where I get all my time for my UO game server. The thing with game servers is they don't make you profit, instead they bring you in the hole, so you really only do it for the passion of the game. Though if you make your own game you could charge for special items or other services to turn it into a money making thing. Blizzard is getting retarded rich off WoW. Just imagine all the monthly cash coming through.Hi, all I think I have enough idea, about on line games site from your reply, I would like to thank every one here, for their interaction. MBR