Login to website with javascript submit button (Using Java)

trungnguyen

VIA JAVA, I want to login to a website. Authentication: The site has a javascript button that performs the redirection to the home page. My webcrawler can login programatically to sites that have html buttons, using Jsoup. But when I try to login to a website that has the submit in a javascript, I can't seem to get authenticated in any of the ways I discovered so far.So far I've tried:
  • I've tried to log in using the native java api, using URLConnection, and OutputWriter. It fills the user and password fields with their proper values, but when I try to execute the javascript method, it simply doesn't work;
  • Jsoup. (It can log me in to any website containing html buttons. But since it doesn't support javascript, it won't help much;
  • I've tried HtmlUnit. Not only does it print a gazilion lines of output, it takes a long long time to run, and in the end still fails.
  • At last, I tried using Rhino (Which HtmlUnit is based on), got it to work in a long list of javascript methods. But cannot authenticate;
  • I already have tried Selenium, and got nowhere, also..
I'm running out of ideas.. Maybe I haven't explored all the solutions contained in one of these APIs, but I still can't login to a website containing a javascript button. Anyone has any ideas?