“clear: both” + “height: 100%” going past page bottom

Kaelon

I'll admit that CSS is not my cup of tea, so it's possible that I'm missing something obvious here. My problem is that when I have an element that has both CSS properties of "clear: both;" and "height: 100%;" the element actually ends up going past the page height. Here is an example: http://jsfiddle.net/d9mv7/Notice that the blue frame causes a scrollbar to appear and exceeds the page height despite being "100%". When "clear: both" property is removed, it renders as expected (JsFiddle still adds an unneeded scrollbar, but when rendering normally, I don't have that issue).My intent is to have the bottom div (the blue one in JsFiddle) go until the bottom of page height, but stop at the bottom of the page, drawing the border correctly, same way as on the sides. The problem is that I do have content above the div that has a float property, requiring div to have the "clear: both" property to render correctly (unless there is another way without having to hardcode the pixel size).I've tried wrapping both the top (float element) and bottom div inside an additional div, such that their height is relative to that div instead of the page. This seemed to make the overlap smaller (and scrollbar shorter), but did not make it go away. Using "overflow: hidden;" will not work for me either, since it still makes the div and the content go beyond the bottom, only hiding the scrollbar. How do you guys suggest I handle this (preferably without JavaScript)?