jQuery & MS SQL without using .NET or PHP

gaurang_chintu

I am new to jQuery, and creating a web page to teach myself how to do some things with it. Among other things, I would like to read from a SQL Server database, write to it, and call stored procedures. A feature of my test page is to have a button on the top half of the page that you click on & would call the stored procedure, and the bottom of this web page to read & refresh as data is written to a table (Note: since most of the actions are subsequent to calling the stored procedure, I am considering using a trigger on a SQL Server table which will write to the table being refreshed). Using jQuery 1.9.1, jquery-ui 1.10.2, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012. Currently testing with the Express versions of SQL Server. I am limited in that I will not be able to use ASP.NET or PHP in order to create a web service.I am trying to find a tutorial, step-by-step, or other reference/guide that would:[*]let me know if what I want to do is possible (given the limits I will have), [*]and provide some instruction on how to go about it.I've been able to create a web service that retrieves RSS data, and find a number of how-to's for those. Ajax is used to retrieve that data, but I have not been able to find any helpful instruction that does not use ASP.NET or PHP to do so. I would appreciate any thoughts, instruction or direction in using jQuery in reading from & writing to a SQL Server database. Thanks!