Is this possible (blog and forum)

blackknights

Is it possible to call new blogs to new post tab so that when a new blog is posted using vb blog when a user clicks new posts they are listed with the forum posts. I understand that blog entries can be called from recent blogs although that's a separate function and an extra step. when I click new posts I would like to see every entry to the site.

alexD

Ok let me make sure I`m understanding this, you wont a new add on that lets you see all of the new posts/threads and blogs with one button? Well you could make a new function and page that you could query both database tables to get both echoed in a tabled or div layout. You`d have to use some statements to check if theres new entries in both databases and if so them it would echo or print the new rows in a table. You could also set it up so that its added to the same page by making a another table and add the styling info so it blends with all of the site. I`m not very familar with vbulletin`s way of programming.

blackknights

Well for the most part that was over my head but if I gather the gist of things it can be done, just a matter of which way to gain necessary results.