Is this a spyware threat?

I have heard of malware called "ad.yieldmanager.com". But lately, many of the ads displayed on Yahoo Answers come from "ad.yieldmanager.com". They are not pop-ups; they are just the ads displayed on the page. <br />
<br />
Is this spyware? I should add that I have had no other problems like a hijacked home page, or being redirected to other sites, etc.. And I've run just about every anti-virus and anti-spyware scan there is and they find nothing. Thanks!<br />
Thank you guys...my mind is at ease. I'll pick a best answer tomorrow!!<br />
<br />
I had a bad spyware problem last winter. I was afraid it was coming back for a a while!<br />

Colinc

No. Yieldmanager is an internet statistics site. they keep records of clicks on adverts or site with adverts, and place cookies on machines to identify second visits. nothing to worry about.

try trend micro internet security. It has anti-virus, anti-spyware, and a firewall in it! You don;t have to worry about yeildmanager. It's harmless.

rev_olie

Hi
This is just a simple marketing tool from the cookie class. All it does is looks at what you click on and were you click it and then in terms "reports to base". This helps companies to kow who is going to their sites and what they are doing.

You just need to keep them to a minimum. Download CCleaner and run the cleaner every week or so to keep your system sqeeky clean.

http//www.ccleaner.com/download