- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
- Fixing index 4
- Fixing index 5
- Fixing index 6
- Fixing index 7
- Fixing index 8
2400000 myisamchk -r --force --fast /var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.*

Is it normal to be stuck at "Fixing index 8" for an hour?

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

It's now completed, but gives me an error:

myisamchk: error: File '/var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.TMD' doesn't exist

Is there a way to correct this? Do the repair via phpmyadmin or do
Code: myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/forum/*.MYIormyisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.MYI Repair in phpMyAdmin timed out. The table is too big for it.

I tired:
myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/forum/*.MYI

and it completed without any errors, but when I tried to do:
myisamchk -r --force --fast /var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.*

I got back the same message as the first time:
myisamchk: error: File '/var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.TMD' doesn't exist

Do you know if there anything else I can try? Is your tmp directory full or too small? That is where the tmd is usually stored.

you can try using this command :
Code: myisamchk -r -f --tmpdir=/home, -t /home /var/lib/mysql/forum/posts.MYI In regards to my reply above, when I said there wasn't an error.. . I was wrong. There was an error, but it scrolled up and didn't see it the first time. It was the same error message I had from the start though.

@Lock Down: I didn't even know I was able to even set a limit to it. How would I be able to check? If you have enough memory add a section to my.cnf to use more memory to speed it up & use a tmp dir like lockdown said.

PHP Code: \[code\][myisamchk]
key_buffer = 128M
sort_buffer_size = 128M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M 
\[/code\]
Use #top -cM to make sure the old process isnt still running in the background, even if shell timeouts it will still run until it completes.