Is evil just an illusion and do you lock your door at night?

Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, argued that evil, sickness, and death are unreal. Are all those affiliated with the mind science brought to believe, " ALL apparent evil is the result of ignorance, and will disappear to the degree that it is no longer thought about, believed in , or indulged in!<br />
My question is if it's all an illusion then please describe childbirth and tooth pain?<br />
And why life insurance and locks on the doors>??<br />
Apparently the mind scientist of scientology says it's mind over matter and that pain doesn't really exist. So don't blame GOD next time you stub your toe!<br />

G

i beive whatyour sayingg, and i agree in the most part.. but no i dont lock my door..

Total BS, there are bad things in the world, why do you think little children are kidnapped, raped, and killed.
That may not happen a lot, but it seems pretty evil to me.

ITSROFLTIME

1st question- evil is real, just look at my little brother lol jk. but yeah evil is real i think.
2nd question- yeah i have locks on my doors cuz there have been people that stole our cars and the stuff outta our cars and we have seen robbers hiding in our garage and backyard, so YES we have a reason to lock our doors but not our bedroom doors

other questions- what? childbirth? tooth pain? describe them??? all i know is i think they hurt lol.

ChurchLady

Evil is real. Evil is sin committed with the intention of hurting another person. So to say there is no evil is like saying there is no sin. If you have ever gossiped about any one then you have committed and Evil act because gossip is done with the intention of hurting another person.

LifeisGood

I think ur confusing evil with pain in childbirth. There is such thing as 'Evil' Do you not watch TV and see all these physcho running around killing people, they are 'evil'

BangAGong

Ok, Dr. Van Nostren, childbirth and tooth pain are just that, PAIN, a bad, unpleasant sensation and have nothing to do with evil

Why life insurance? Isn't that a question better asked of the religious bunch? If their god protects them, helps them, guides them, etc. why insurance? Isn't that a lack of faith?

The lock on the doors is simple, it's protection and to keep the Jehovah's Witnesses out. It's the evil that men do that we have to fear and that has nothing to do with voodoo.

BTW, your question hit 9 out of 10 on the Stupid-O-Meter

ILvePenguins

Ima christian, and I think he's crazy!!! God himself even says pain is real!!! In genises chapter 316-19 is one place"16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.""

BJK

Well i don't really see why childbirth and tooth pain are evil...those are just natural processes in life that ail us. However there is evil in people which is why we need locks on our doors to safeguard us from those who seek to pilfer our belongings or the maniacs who stalk the night seeking a fresh soul to take or perhaps the rapists who lurk around searching for small children. There is plenty of evil just in people it is a shame but it's life.

MelissaD

Good questions. I know that evil lurks within the above mentioned "religion". As a matter of fact, they will sue you if you slander their beliefs and religion. Evil lurks where ever it needs to be. It can be just an evil horrible person that kills or rapes or it could be within your beliefs religiously speaking. It is real and Yes, I do lock my doors and need insurances. So what it boils down to is this question

Are Christian Scientists the evil? And should they just disappear? And I'm not saying anything, so don't come after me, you wierdos.

dbzgalaxy

Evil is a sneaky lil' dude that lurks in hearts of those that worship self. He likes to lie to all people and intrude on the efforts of EVEN their good intentions. Alas causing grief with his "poor me's " which he plants in the hearts of the weak. The weak become his carriers, as they go about treading on the lives of others.... with their sarcasm , rudeness, thievery and selfish deeds. BREEDING new carriers...
Locked doors? Locks don't stop lil' evil dude.... locked hearts INVITE him in.

I say a prayer of protection for all of the people I know, I ask Christ to prepare my heart to forgive and help those that are invaded by evil.

Blessed

Mary Baker Eddy should move into my neighborhood.
She sounds like a rich self involved know it all who likes to hear herself
talk and get paid for it.
I think after a few days in my hood, she will find out she is wrong.
I bet she has locks on all of her doors. (and body guards too)

"A careful man tries to dodge the bullets while a happy man takes a walk."

I refuse to live in fear.

(Btw, what's evil about childbirth and dental problems? Pain is inevitable in life.)

POWEREDbytheSON

all apparent evil is apparent because it exists... how can you say it does not? time and experience tells us its very much a fact and actuality. don't believe me? then visit war cemetaries and places like auschwitz... is not all death and corruption the result of a subtle beguilement? an act of sin, an act of disobedience, an act of evil in the sight of God?

witnessofJesus

people who do evil is not an illusion
there are people who vow themselves to fight against Faith and righteousness. their reason are theirs i don t understand why?

but yes evil exists and i do lock my doors and windows

I seriously don't lock my doors, nor do I have life insurance.
Your question reminded me of the following copy/paste"Man (man and woman) is a spiritual being who travels through and transcends both space and time. Man's consciousness (awareness) has the power to "bind" or to "liberate" him according to the quality of his thinking and his actions."Heaven and hell" represent the polar opposites of the virtually infinite conditions which an individual can gravitate towards and occupy according to his thinking, willing and doing. The absolute key to understanding all of it is the natural law of "Perfect Justice". "

Thank You.