Interesting Dispute Imminent

admin

Administrator
Staff member
There is a large search engine optimization firm in California USA that operates under the name "SEO Inc." and has it's website located at seoinc.com - I'm sure most of you know about this company.

Coincidentily, I registered the domain name seoincorporated.com back in January of this year.

Turns out that their website was banned from the Google index early this month (April) , leaving this huge search engine optimization firm nowhere to be found in the Google search engine.

Once your site is banned from Google, it's pretty much known or atleast suspected that you'd better off just buy another name rather then try and get a re-inclusion as it rarely happens...

I'd bet that they are already in the works of putting something together for this name as I would imagine it would be a must have for me if I were in their shoes....

What do you think I should do if they make a request for it... Since "SEO" is an abbreviation of an entire industry, would I be subject to infringment if my firm is also a "search engine optimization" firm which is "incorporated"?