!-- InstanceBeginEditable --

liunx

I'm trying to edit a webpage for somone, and alot of the code apears to be commented out (but isn't). It says:<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable --><br />
<br />
<br />
and<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
And I can only edit between these lines.<br />
<br />
What does this mean, and why can't I edit any code?!<br />
<br />
How do I disable whatever this is?<!--content-->It's a template and you'll need to edit it either in "template" or "page master" mode in the original environment or you'll need to just use a text editor.<!--content-->If I edit with a text editor, is there a line that needs removed to make it behave normally when I open it again in Dreamweaver?<br />
<br />
I'm not sure I understand this template concept.... Can I do a 'convert to normal page' function or something?<!--content-->A year later -- I know this is an old post, but I just joined the forum after stumbling over this.<br />
<br />
Open the page in a text editor, such as notepad.<br />
<br />
There should be a line at the top, something like:<br />
<br />
<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/TemplateName.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="true" --><br />
<br />
Change the true to false, or if you dont want to use the template, remove the line altogether.<!--content-->Hi vol7ron, and welcome!<br />
<br />
Thanks for your reply... I had forgotten about this one. I think I must have managed somehow, but don't remember what I did.<br />
<br />
I don't actually use Dreamweaver anymore... I switched to Kdevelop after switching all my computers to Linux.<br />
<br />
Hopefully this solution will help someone else in the future whose having the same problem.<br />
<br />
-N<!--content-->Funny, I am dealing with the same exact problem right now. I am going to try to open the page in TextEdit (I'm on a Mac) and try the method above. I'll let you know how it goes.<!--content-->